This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    That must have been a mistake. Glad the beer turned out OK, but the yeasts for Kolsch and Wit from Lallemand aren't anywhere near each other. Kolsch is a relatively neutral yeast with the Wit being banana and spice, so they definitely must have made a boo-boo there.
    Depends on the temp, I used it the other day, kept the temps between 18-20, no flavour to speak of, not even spice..

Comment

• Interesting. Thanks for that. I doubt they'll run out of Kolsch to be honest, Cactus has a ton of Kolsch yeast, or at least had a ton last time I was there.

Comment

• Beer pics

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
        Interesting. Thanks for that. I doubt they'll run out of Kolsch to be honest, Cactus has a ton of Kolsch yeast, or at least had a ton last time I was there.
        I wonder why they did this. To be honest this isn't the first time they included hops or yeast different to what's on the website - so not sure what's happening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That must have been a mistake. Glad the beer turned out OK, but the yeasts for Kolsch and Wit from Lallemand aren't anywhere near each other. Kolsch is a relatively neutral yeast with the Wit being banana and spice, so they definitely must have made a boo-boo there.
          It's interesting you mention this. After a week I tested the beer and it had a strong banana aftertaste, after 2 weeks zero banana taste and bitters coming through... I will leave it in fridge for 6-8 weeks and then test again.

Comment

• Honestly, I think it's an honest mistake. I spend some time at the shop (no affiliation to them) and they're pretty "new" in what they're doing. They do new stuff all the time, they're trying their utmost to expand and grow and do new things and I think sometimes they just slip up. Because they do, like everyone else, sometimes just slip up.

The other option is that they perhaps really did run out of LalBrew Koln and they figure that Wit will be the closest match with what they have on hand. Also worth keeping in mind their AG kits are new and rapidly developing, so chances that they simply changed it and didn't update the site in time is also huge.

Comment

Honestly, I think it's an honest mistake. I spend some time at the shop (no affiliation to them) and they're pretty "new" in what they're doing. They do new stuff all the time, they're trying their utmost to expand and grow and do new things and I think sometimes they just slip up. Because they do, like everyone else, sometimes just slip up.

The other option is that they perhaps really did run out of LalBrew Koln and they figure that Wit will be the closest match with what they have on hand. Also worth keeping in mind their AG kits are new and rapidly developing, so chances that they simply changed it and didn't update the site in time is also huge.
              Yes and no. They are good guys but they have sent me different ingredients twice now, then I convinced a friend to use them - they charged him for delivery saying his order is over 20kg, it wasn't... And then they shipped him different hops than recipe as well.

I will think twice about using them again. Probably better just to start doing my own recipes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
                Yes and no. They are good guys but they have sent me different ingredients twice now, then I convinced a friend to use them - they charged him for delivery saying his order is over 20kg, it wasn't... And then they shipped him different hops than recipe as well.

I will think twice about using them again. Probably better just to start doing my own recipes.

Do your own recipes breh. Only way to learn.. and its fun to google all the award winning recipes. Get on it.. I can teach you what not to do my recipes suck I throw everything in.

Comment

• Our first brew. This was a American Pale Ale kit with own dry hop additions. The first one and only one. After this we went All Grain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                    Our first brew. This was a American Pale Ale kit with own dry hop additions. The first one and only one. After this we went All Grain.

Nice.. Looks like the real deal !
                    Get a bit of sunshine into the glass .. makes for good looking photo's ..

Comment

Our first brew. This was a American Pale Ale kit with own dry hop additions. The first one and only one. After this we went All Grain.

Beer looks good, but wow ... whats on that table to give it that "wavey" look ?

On 2nd thought, i could be drunk
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

New brewer's hu .. ??
                        digital thermometer on each bucket .. taps ..
                        you guys not newbees to this are you ?
                        Blow-off buckets .. grainfather counter chiller ..

Comment

• Yeah breh.. looking pretty old school from here as well..

Comment

• Beer pics

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                            Thanks Alex! Didn’t come out that bad, came out nice actually[emoji16] if our own brew can come out like this, the battle is halfway over and I’ll be happy with what we accomplished

Last edited by Tommy; 5 September 2021, 09:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                              Yeah breh.. looking pretty old school from here as well..

Thums up for old school, my type of brewing.
                              Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                                Will take beter photos next one. This just looked cool at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X