This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Saison.
    Brewed it about 3 weeks ago. A bit to bitter and to strong for my tasting (towards the style).
    I think my problem lies with my scale. Think im probably over hopping everything, not a problem with late additions but certainly with bittering hops.
    Still not a shitty beer! should balance out a bit more over the next month or so (if it lasts that long).Saison.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by VenomZA View Post
      My first Saison.
      Brewed it about 3 weeks ago. A bit to bitter and to strong for my tasting (towards the style).
      I think my problem lies with my scale. Think im probably over hopping everything, not a problem with late additions but certainly with bittering hops.
      Still not a shitty beer! should balance out a bit more over the next month or so (if it lasts that long).[ATTACH=CONFIG]1125[/ATTACH]
      Looks tastey!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      Kit: 50L SAB keggle used with BIAB, gas burner

Primary: Sierra Nevada Pale ale clone
      Secondary: Weiss by Brand Smith
      Conditioning: none
      Bottled and Drunk: Wee Heavy, Darth Vader Black IPA, Saison, an much more

Comment

• Originally posted by Wessel Pieterse View Post
        Looks tastey!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Hys nie te kak nie!! jy moet hom maar kom toets!!

Comment

• IBU loss to sight glass. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Whirlfloc is amazing!!!

Comment

• Sheeple IPA. Too much caramel in aroma and missing hop complexity. Probably old hops.

However, good bitterness and easy drinking!

Not a prize winner, but still good.

Comment

• Belgian Wit after 2 weeks in the bottle. Just brilliant.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Great stuff guys
                  2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Zombie Dust American IPA brewed with Citra.
                    http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewreci...bie-dust-clone

2016-05-02 17.31.46.jpg
                    Happy B.day CraftyZA and DieBaas
                    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                      Zombie Dust American IPA brewed with Citra.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1139[/ATTACH]
                      what did you think of that beer?

Comment

• That's a beautiful beer!
                        Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                        Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                          Zombie Dust American IPA brewed with Citra.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1139[/ATTACH]
                          Good looking beer!!

Comment

• Thanx guy's

Hi Al. I think it is a very good recipe, plenty of malt that go well with the hops. Its not over hoppy (some IPA's are just too in your face for my liking) The lingering bitterness is just right, when every sip ask for another sip Im happy.[emoji106]

I brewed it with SO-5 and will use it again, will increase the late hops with about 50% but keep the overall bitterness around the 45 -50 IBU's.
                            Harhm
                            Last edited by Harhm; 11 May 2016, 18:36.

Comment

• Classical music at the botanical gardens and Stubby to keep us hydrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post

Classical music at the botanical gardens and Stubby to keep us hydrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X