This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
    Received my order from beerhardware. Thanks @Medic!

Decided to open the box at the postnet to see if anything broke. Took out this bag. I think the lady behind the counter was about to call the cops! I had to explain camden tablets very quickly!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Haha, that can look very dodgy!

Comment

• Thanks atron

Comment

• IMG-20170404-WA0001.jpg
        My Castle Lite attempt .
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1390[/ATTACH]
          My Castle Lite attempt .
          Nice!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looks good Harhm!

Comment

• Nice one Harhm
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• 20170408_154526.jpg

First time using Lager malt and got 90.3% Mash Eff

Lager type recipe made with ale yeast ( trub from previous batch )
                Screenshot_15.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1391[/ATTACH]
                  Yes please, Ill take 2 of those

Where did you get the lager malt?
                  What is your normal mash eff?
                  Harhm
                  Last edited by Harhm; 10 April 2017, 09:33.
                  2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                    Yes please, Ill take 2 of those

Where did you get the lager malt?
                    What is your normal mash eff?
                    Lager malt from Beerlab ... good price > https://www.beerlab.co.za/collection...ucts/lagermalt

I usually get ±82% Mash Eff doing BIAB but have also had times with only 75% ( I do squeeze )

Comment

• Smoked ESB with Perle hops ....

20170410_181000.jpg

3 weeks in the keg already and at the moment she is just perfect

Screenshot_1.jpg

Comment

Smoked ESB with Perle hops ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1397[/ATTACH]

3 weeks in the keg already and at the moment she is just perfect
                        beautiful!

Comment

Smoked ESB with Perle hops ....
                          i've never been brave enough to brew with smoked malt; i feel like if you don't get the amounts just right, it may completely kill the beer?

Comment

• I first made a Smoked Pale with 200g and the "smokiness" wasn't enough for me, so when I put this ESB recipe together, I thought lets make it smokey and up it to 400g at the same time. I must say it made a big difference.
                            I'll make any other smoked recipes with about 400g from now on, although I think it would be acceptable to the palate with ±100g more.

Maybe you should try the Sunrise Smokey Joe AG Recipe from Beerlab and see how much they have put into their recipe and make your decision from there?

Comment

• Originally posted by that guy al View Post
                              i've never been brave enough to brew with smoked malt; i feel like if you don't get the amounts just right, it may completely kill the beer?
                              Same here, I ordered the malt but never brewed with it.
                              Very nice looking beer [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by that guy al View Post
                                I did a brew with a peated whisky malt some time ago. It finished with a strong smoky flavour and nose, and was quite drinkable. With thinking of progressing to home distilling, I figured I would test the waters with a peated beer first.
                                Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Working...
                                X