Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwarzbier, bottled 3 weeks ago. Great alternative to brewing Stouts and Porter

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 14 September 2018, 14:01.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Our second Blonde Ale - using Vienna Malt instead of Munich Malt. Vienna was out of stock with the 1st attempt and I have to say, this one is VERY nice!

FB_IMG_1535815796247.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by krugie View Post
        Our second Blonde Ale - using Vienna Malt instead of Munich Malt. Vienna was out of stock with the 1st attempt and I have to say, this one is VERY nice!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1720[/ATTACH]
        Damn, that looks delicious. I like your picture, almost look like you took the pic in Mozambique. % Vienna ?

Harhm
        Last edited by Harhm; 15 September 2018, 11:29.
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
          % Vienna ?

Only 12% Vienna, 10% Caramel Pils, 8% Caramel Hell.

Comment

• That is pretty!

Comment

• Originally posted by krugie View Post
              Only 12% Vienna, 10% Caramel Pils, 8% Caramel Hell.
              Thats a solid malt bill, I like combining Vienna and Munich with Pale and Pilsner for Lagers but never used it in a Blonde. Thanks for sharing I might take some insparation from your malt bill or use it as is for the next batch of my House Blonde.

As a side note I read on Brulosophy that they didnt get the expected results from Carapils or Carafoam but did see good results in head formation/retention from Carahell. With the added flavour from Carahell it might be worth it to sub Carapils with Carahell.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

A Cream Ale that I bottled7 days ago. Its only half way to being carbonated but Im stoked so far. It will still change a bit but Im exited about this one, easy drinking flavourfull summer beer 4.5 % abv.

Brewed it with Southern Passion and Southern Aroma.

Harhm
              Last edited by Harhm; 1 October 2018, 09:22.

Comment

• IMG-20180928-WA0015.jpg
                My attempt at a liquorice stout. Im quite pleased with how it came out. Not my best pour tho

Comment

• Saison.jpg

First impressions of the Saison after 2 weeks in bottle. Still to mature a bit but certainly a success. Dry and peppery. Would have liked it a bit more sessionable from an abv perspective but it doesn't spoil the beer. Surprised by the clarity compared to my other Belgians considering I've not used any finings and it's only been in the bottle for two weeks. Happy with the Crescat strain used.

Comment

• Belgian Golden Strong at it's best now after a couple of months in the bottle. 8.5% abv, dry and very drinkable. Just pilsner malt, a bit of aromatic, white sugar and used Southern Aroma hops. WLP500 certainly is the star of the show though. Love this yeast compared to the dry belgian strains I've brewed with.

Belgian Golden Strong.jpg
                    FYI - need to figure out how to rotate pictures on this site...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Flying Brew View Post
                      Belgian Golden Strong at it's best now after a couple of months in the bottle. 8.5% abv, dry and very drinkable. Just pilsner malt, a bit of aromatic, white sugar and used Southern Aroma hops. WLP500 certainly is the star of the show though. Love this yeast compared to the dry belgian strains I've brewed with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1749[/ATTACH]
                      FYI - need to figure out how to rotate pictures on this site...
                      How does this compare to Duvel? Looks great. How long has it been in the bottle?
                      "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

• Has been in the bottle for about 3-4 months now. The style doesn't require a lot of aging in my opinion. Still need to pair them up side by side. From memory, it is however quite similar. I would say though that Duvel (when fresh) is a magnificent beer and I find it to come across a bit more fresh or lively than mine. I wonder if it might have to do with their lagering time after primary and before bottling as this was a step that I skipped. Taking a beer from good to great is not easy. To my knowledge they also do two separate fermentations with two different strains. Not a lot of information available on which exact strains used or the split in quantity between the two, so who knows... Definitely a beer to keep stock of in the cupboard.

Comment

• I'll bring a Duvel over and we can thoroughly evaluate both.
                          "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

• Originally posted by billionairebum View Post
                            I'll bring a Duvel over and we can thoroughly evaluate both.
                            Sounds like a plan. Will let you know when I'm having my next brew day this month.

Comment

• The Cream Ale that I bottled 3 weeks ago. The clarity improved nicely after 2 weeks in the fridge. The beer changed quite a bit since I first tasted it, less malty sweetness with the hops coming to the party a bit more.

20180928_211927.jpg
                              Harhm
                              Last edited by Harhm; 4 October 2018, 10:28.

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Flying Brew;20477]

QUOTE] I'm not a Saison guy but that's a beautiful copper/gold colour if I have ever seen one. Well done.
                                Harhm
                                Last edited by Harhm; 1 October 2018, 14:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X