X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoenraadB View Post

Getting better but stock getting lower
    it's always those last few that taste perfect, isn't it?

Comment

IIPA (1.085 for 9.5%)
      Really good balance between malt, bitterness and hops

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429431224.572508.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429431236.518521.jpg
      MongooseMan
      Last edited by MongooseMan; 19 April 2015, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by MongooseMan View Post
        9.5%
        holy crap! that is pretty imperial!

Comment

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
          holy crap! that is pretty imperial!
          Yeah, you feel it afterwards.
          Nice thing is, it doesn't taste overly alcoholic.

Comment

MongooseMan, that is a good looking beer. Can you message me the beersmith profile? I've been looking for a good IIPA recipe, but have heard so much about the overly alcoholic taste is some of them...

Comment

Here you go:
              20150314 - Double IPA.bsmx

It's this beer, just came out a lot stronger, mostly due to a slightly higher mash efficiency, and a crazy good boil.
              http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=59907

Originally posted by hennels View Post
              MongooseMan, that is a good looking beer. Can you message me the beersmith profile? I've been looking for a good IIPA recipe, but have heard so much about the overly alcoholic taste is some of them...
              MongooseMan
              Last edited by MongooseMan; 19 April 2015, 20:31.

Comment

Cape Kraken ale

Comment

Thanks Mongooseman, I think that might be my next brew
                  Question, why the Lager malt? I see it's got a higher yield than that of the Pale from SAB I buy in bulk, thus, when substituting it, I get an OG of 1054, instead of the higher, 1064.

Here are 2 pics of my recent bottle conditioned beers.

Irish Red Ale

Random Weiss, did not hit the OG, 2 diff times, not sure what I'm doing wrong though, but it tastes OK.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hennels View Post
                    Question, why the Lager malt? I see it's got a higher yield than that of the Pale from SAB I buy in bulk, thus, when substituting it, I get an OG of 1054, instead of the higher, 1064.
                    Lager malt is just what I stick into Beersmith for SAB Pale malt. I read somewhere that it was a good match in the software, and have found my numbers to be more accurate since doing so.

Comment

You can just copy the lager malt profile in Beersmith and rename it to SAB
                      Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Behold the RIIPA (Red Imperial IPA)

Supposed to be around 100 IBU, but I don't think it's over 80. I overshot my volumes and ended up with a bit to much wort for my fermentor. It's still decently bitter though.

Comment

Cheers. Nicely balanced version of my original Red-X Smash. Now with a bit of crystal malt.
                          Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by kingcur View Post

Behold the RIIPA (Red Imperial IPA)

Supposed to be around 100 IBU, but I don't think it's over 80. I overshot my volumes and ended up with a bit to much wort for my fermentor. It's still decently bitter though.
                            looks frikken awesome, mate! keep 'em cold, i'm on my way!

Comment

If you guys haven't tried it yet, you have to get your hands on a few...

It's the Devil's Peak Black Rye IPA. Very hoppy, smooth and creamy head...looks like a Guinness, but not as heavy.

It's in a Guinness glass because that's my favourite beer-swilling glass.

Attached Files
                              Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
                                If you guys haven't tried it yet, you have to get your hands on a few...

It's the Devil's Peak Black Rye IPA. Very hoppy, smooth and creamy head...looks like a Guinness, but not as heavy.

It's in a Guinness glass because that's my favourite beer-swilling glass.
                                they bottling it now? used to be you could only get it at the taproom.

Comment

Working...
                                X