Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewed with BE-134 a couple of times, but did wait at lest 2 weeks before opening a bottle, did not pick up any strange flavours.
    Does have notes of bananna and cloves.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
      Brewed with BE-134 a couple of times, but did wait at lest 2 weeks before opening a bottle, did not pick up any strange flavours.
      Does have notes of bananna and cloves.
      Yea I think it's supposed to. The Fermentis guide mentions:
      "This typical yeast strain is recommended for Belgian Saison-style beers. It gives fruity aromas with a slight spicy character (POF+) such as clove notes."

I was just worried of the bubblegum off-flavour coz in the initial 2 days the wort fermented too high into low 30s before I got the freezer to bring fermenting temps down to recipe spec. Seems like it's all good at the end of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3019[/ATTACH]
        My Belgian Saison:
        2.8 vols Co2:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3020[/ATTACH]
        OG: 1.060 FG: 1.004
        Mmmmm
        Looks Yummy, but do note that bubbles sticking to the side is usually a sign of a dirty glass
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          Looks Yummy, but do note that bubbles sticking to the side is usually a sign of a dirty glass
          Mmm. Interesting.
          What happened in that specific pour, .. the initial foam occupied almost the entire glass. You can see the clear glass line from below where my index finger comes round the glass. From there it was foam till the top. I let the foam settle and topped it up for this photo.

Comment

• NEIPA Lite - Still young, only 4 days in keg but already very tasty.

Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy

Comment

• Originally posted by PearlJam View Post
              NEIPA Lite - Still young, only 4 days in keg but already very tasty.

Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy

well done that looks super juicy and fresh!!

Comment

• Very nice! You say lite? 4.5%?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                  well done that looks super juicy and fresh!!
                  Thanks

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                  Very nice! You say lite? 4.5%?

It is 3.9%, although you won't say so based on the taste and mouthfeel

Comment

Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy

Damn, that looks good

Nou is ek kak dors
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Thanks

It is 3.9%, although you won't say so based on the taste and mouthfeel
                      Wow thats lite. Ive always been scared to go that low for fear that there wouldn't be enough support to the crazy hop bill and it would end up tasting thin. Sounds like you nailed it. Give it its own thread plz. Id like one of those

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                        Wow thats lite. Ive always been scared to go that low for fear that there wouldn't be enough support to the crazy hop bill and it would end up tasting thin. Sounds like you nailed it. Give it its own thread plz. Id like one of those

Sure. I did a 2.9% some time ago based on Jaco's recipe (https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...41-Low-ABV-APA) and that was eye opening as to what can be done on low abv.

Off topic: BTW, what happened to Jaco? See he is no longer on the forum.

Comment

Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy

OJ anyone? Damn, it looks so damn juicy, i'd quaff 3 of them for breakfast!

Comment

• I've brewed a 0.8% experimental thing once. It was watery, yes, but I used some darker malts and a bunch of hops, specifically S.Tropic and it turned into a very weird liquorice-like, fruity beer that looked like a stout but tasted a bit like an IPA. It wasn't the best at all, but it also wasn't too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post

https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...4294#post34294

Next batch I will be scaling to 6%

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                                I've brewed a 0.8% experimental thing once. It was watery, yes, but I used some darker malts and a bunch of hops, specifically S.Tropic and it turned into a very weird liquorice-like, fruity beer that looked like a stout but tasted a bit like an IPA. It wasn't the best at all, but it also wasn't too bad.
                                It must be a huge challenge to get a sub 1% beer on homebrew scale that is also flavourful.

Comment

Working...
                                X