Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, this weekend is going to be a interesting brew weekend.

Brewing an experimental "NEIPA" tomorrow using a bunch of leftover malts and Kviek Ragnarok.

Also brewing and experimental Rye beer tomorrow that I'm calling a Black Rye IPA Bitter, I'll be using the malts I got at the last Southyeasters Competition along with some more leftovers and a Liquid Culture London 3 yeast.

Finally I'll do a Vanilla Porter on Sunday, using some vanilla beans I've had lying around for a while, perhaps I'll add some whiskey barrel oak chips into the secondary to give it some character.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mashing rye is a pita, I'm guaranteed of a stuck mash if the bag of rye is close to the gf. I still need to do a rye whiskey and am not looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        Mashing rye is a pita, I'm guaranteed of a stuck mash if the bag of rye is close to the gf. I still need to do a rye whiskey and am not looking forward to it.
        Yeah, I'm going to have to be creative with the mash on that one, it's a whopping 43% Rye and has some rolled oats in it too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
          Mashing rye is a pita, I'm guaranteed of a stuck mash if the bag of rye is close to the gf. I still need to do a rye whiskey and am not looking forward to it.
          +1 ... used it once .... never again ... well not while im still doing BIAB
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• I'm thinking a pretty straight forward pale ale, maybe 80% pils malt, 20% vienna. 65 deg mash, 25g simcoe 60min and 25g simco 5 min. thoughts?
            haven't plugged it into brewfather yet so not sure what that'll give me as far a IBUs. I think I'll aim for 20-30.

Comment

• Yeah I'm doing a skeeter pee and citra pale. I've had 6 requests for SP. Already so its a clear hit. And no one can fault a citra pale.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• +1never using rye again. This is one of my last German rye beers. I couldn't get it to mash properly so I ended up with a lite. Its just barely drinkable if its really hot and your cleaning the pool

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                  +1never using rye again. This is one of my last German rye beers. I couldn't get it to mash properly so I ended up with a lite. Its just barely drinkable if its really hot and your cleaning the pool
                  So I take it you busy cleaning the pool @ 15:42 on a Friday afternoon?
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Yeah dude. If 'suffering for the cause ' [emoji1787] I might complain sometimes but I'm living the life! Now I have to wakup at 6 on a Saturday and go cycle for 3h in a picturesque mountain for the carbes consumed tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                      Yeah I'm doing a skeeter pee and citra pale. I've had 6 requests for SP. Already so its a clear hit. And no one can fault a citra pale.

What is Skeeter Pee and what is Citra Pale

Comment

• Dude you have not lived!
                        Lets start with the easy one.
                        Citra pale is a single hop (citra) pale ale. Bjcp 18b. Great easy drinking hoppy ale without being overly bitter
                        Skeeter pee is a lemon wine I discovered online. Its got its own website even! https://skeeterpee.com/recipe
                        I don't do all the additives and use kveik instead of wine yeast. Lastly I bottle it at 1006 and add artificial sweetener so I get a sweet bubbly lemon champagne when its done.

Comment

• Citra is delicious, defo a hop to try and try again!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• thank you, this is why I am here

Comment

• I got you bro! Happy brewing

Comment

• [QUOTE=jannieverjaar;30137]Dude you have not lived!
                                Lets start with the easy one.
                                Citra pale is a single hop (citra) pale ale. Bjcp 18b. Great easy drinking hoppy ale without being overly bitter
                                Is your receipt available to share, or one you have used?

Comment

Working...
                                X