This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to know the hop oil content breakdown for southern passion is. Anyone with some skinny on it?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Percentage of oils I do not know. Spider chart below.

Southern Passion.jpg
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Screenshot_2.png
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2823[/ATTACH]
        Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2824[/ATTACH]

Interesting - where you guys get this info ?
        I'd like to compare this between other hops.

Comment

• Variety analyses.pdf

Attached Files

Comment

• Variety analyses.pdf

Comment

• Usefull information. Does something like that exist for US / Europe hops ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                Usefull information. Does something like that exist for US / Europe hops ?

http://hopslist.com/hops/
                https://www.yakimachief.com/%20hop-varieties/

I'm sure there's more

Comment

Comment

• I know the other oils are not considered major but these % don't get close to 100% so what about the others? 20% is a lot

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

I was more referring to the spider chart analysis. One can see at a glance whats what. 92P2/4 - garlic - no thanks - don't want beer that smells like sweaty socks. Like a picture says a thousand words.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                        I was more referring to the spider chart analysis. One can see at a glance whats what. 92P2/4 - garlic - no thanks - don't want beer that smells like sweaty socks. Like a picture says a thousand words.
                        I haven't come across this one, but a good idea if you have the time to crunch the data and present the chart? App idea or online page idea? This info does feel pretty static though and unfortunately we only get the AA% on your hop bag, The oil content is either not shared or not analysed per batch?

edit: not a large range of hops for sab to present this in a chart, i'm sure jigsaw gave me this chart a while ago too, it seems very very familiar, but until i had a sab hop in the wort i wasnt too phased. :-)

Comment

• I want to kick myself because I cant find it, but I down loaded one once from one of our local HBS's website. They just had a link under the description for the hops and it was a damn nice document. I will post a link if I do find it again.
                          Cheers,
                          Lang
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• you thinking of the brewmart one?

Comment

• Just had a look there now. Didnt see any such links that I remember.

Dammit this is going to grate me now. I will check on my old phone backups when I get a gap.
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Good day..

Image1.jpg

Brewing this today.
                                I substituted the bittering hops from the origional with Magnum - just to save the cascade - and magnum has been suggested by other clone recipes.. and of course as discussed before omitted the mid/late stage hops with a whirlpool at flameout.

I've just drained the wort into the boil kettle - and the wort was quite dark from what I've brewed before.

and new to me - added salts as per brewersfriend 'light and hoppy' profile.

EDIT: PBG measured at 1.058 ... eisch. That dives 88.4% mash efficiency. Could it be the salt additions that's boosting the efficiency?
                                AlexBrew
                                Last edited by AlexBrew; 11 December 2020, 14:05. Reason: pbg added

Comment

Working...
                                X