• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
    Closed pressure transfer?

Good luck.
    How? ... he is transferring from cube to keg

unless the cube has a tap and he adds COČ via the top, I can't see how?

That said, this whole story of OČ surface contact with beer while you keg that will in turn ruin your beer is bollocks in my eyes
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• I have had to dump about half a keg due to oxidation, so I kinda believe it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
        How? ... he is transferring from cube to keg

unless the cube has a tap and he adds COČ via the top, I can't see how?

That said, this whole story of OČ surface contact with beer while you keg that will in turn ruin your beer is bollocks in my eyes
        Not sure if he ferments in a cube

Comment

• I haven’t pressure transferred yet.. haven’t had oxidized beer so far. I burp the keg a couple of times afterwards to remove any o2.

Comment

• Can't pressure transfer, unfortunately, but it's not a very hop-heavy beer so I'm not too worried. It's a Helles - it should be fine. I'm considering literally just filling the keg with CO2 and pouring in the beer from the cube. Cube is full of CO2 anyway, and this beer is going to be on tap in 10 days so I'm not worried about O2 at this stage at all.

I haven't tested to check for the off flavour. I'll take a look over the weekend when it's carbonated a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
              Can't pressure transfer, unfortunately, but it's not a very hop-heavy beer so I'm not too worried. It's a Helles - it should be fine. I'm considering literally just filling the keg with CO2 and pouring in the beer from the cube. Cube is full of CO2 anyway, and this beer is going to be on tap in 10 days so I'm not worried about O2 at this stage at all.

I haven't tested to check for the off flavour. I'll take a look over the weekend when it's carbonated a bit.
              I hope by that you mean transfer via some sort of siphon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                Not sure if he ferments in a cube
                You obviously have not been following the updates? ... He transferred from FV to cube and its been at near freezing temp inside the cube for a few weeks

Comment

I have had to dump about half a keg due to oxidation, so I kinda believe it.

You must have done something wrong? ... like have OČ inside a keg and then forced it into the beer?

Surface OČ contact for a few minutes can do NOTHING ... everyone is suddenly pressure transfer crazy as if ALL their beers always had oxidation

Bollocks I tell you, Bollocks !!

Comment

You must have done something wrong? ... like have OČ inside a keg and then forced it into the beer?

Surface OČ contact for a few minutes can do NOTHING ... everyone is suddenly pressure transfer crazy as if ALL their beers always had oxidation

Happened before I got my pressure fermenter. It was a gravity feed from a fermenter with a tap into a keg. I may or may not have purged the keg with co2, can't remember now. Probably mot though.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

You obviously have not been following the updates? ... He transferred from FV to cube and its been at near freezing temp inside the cube for a few weeks
                      Probably not as I see fermenting in a cube nuts. I only thought he transferred from boil kettle to cube for no chill.

Comment

Happened before I got my pressure fermenter. It was a gravity feed from a fermenter with a tap into a keg. I may or may not have purged the keg with co2, can't remember now. Probably mot though.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
                        that must be it. ... cause atmospheric pressure will take more than a few minutes to force OČ into any beer. ... it's not a grasshopper ... it will not suddenly jump into your beer ... but that's just my take on it ... we the people are not making beer since just yesterday

Comment

that must be it. ... cause atmospheric pressure will take more than a few minutes to force OČ into any beer. ... it's not a grasshopper ... it will not suddenly jump into your beer [emoji14] ... but that's just my take on it ... we the people are not making beer since just yesterday
                          Exactly. Old style breweries are still doing open fermentation. So much shit on the Internet

Comment

• Agree
                            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Surface OČ contact for a few minutes can do NOTHING ... everyone is suddenly pressure transfer crazy as if ALL their beers always had oxidation

Agree
                              Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

I hope by that you mean transfer via some sort of siphon?
                                Hehe actually not. I didn't transfer yesterday (load shedding), so I'm doing it today. I think I'm just going to pour it straight over. Gently and into a layer of CO2 foam, of course, but still just a simple method.

Comment

Working...
                                X