This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    Ha ha ha, Maputo_Brew - I just love the things people do when they start out brewing, another year or so and these drunkard ideas should be out of your system and you will be brewing consistently good beers.
    Really hope so.

Anyways, have constant 1004 FG on the new one. Gelatine and will bottle tomorrow

Might even keg it and let it stay there untill I get my dispensing equipment ready and setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gents I need some help.

A friends sister is battling cancer and we are thinking about hosting a fund raiser to raise some funds for the family. The date is likely July 9th.

I was asked if i could brew a few that we can sell there. The fundraiser is most likely going to be by invitation.

From the 3 options below which could be ready faster and taste Ok for every type of drinker?

Lets consider bottle conditioning as i might not have the pinlock disconnects by then.

Toxxyc
      Toxxyc

Dewald Posthumus
      Dewald Posthumus

BeerHolic
      BeerHolic

JIGSAW
      JIGSAW

Harhm
      Harhm

I think id have to get brewing today or tomorrow in the very early morning to bottle on next saturday.

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 14.09.15.png
      Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 13.50.54.png
      Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 13.59.00.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Maputo_Brew View Post
        Gents I need some help.

A friends sister is battling cancer and we are thinking about hosting a fund raiser to raise some funds for the family. The date is likely July 9th.

I was asked if i could brew a few that we can sell there. The fundraiser is most likely going to be by invitation.

From the 3 options below which could be ready faster and taste Ok for every type of drinker?

Lets consider bottle conditioning as i might not have the pinlock disconnects by then.

Toxxyc
        Toxxyc

Dewald Posthumus
        Dewald Posthumus

BeerHolic
        BeerHolic

JIGSAW
        JIGSAW

Harhm
        Harhm

I think id have to get brewing today or tomorrow in the very early morning to bottle on next saturday.
        Not allowed
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

Not allowed
          Im in Mozambique and will be a private event, so not the same rules.

Or is it not allowed here in the forum?

Comment

• I would go with option 3, however, your timelines are tight.

Comment

• My opinion option 3
              Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Im in Mozambique and will be a private event, so not the same rules.

Or is it not allowed here in the forum?
                Does Mozambique allow any homebrewers to sell their product? ... the fact that it's private should not matter.

but, Also leaning towards NO3 ... don't complicate it (KISS)
                JIGSAW
                Last edited by JIGSAW; 27 June 2022, 08:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

Does Mozambique allow any homebrewers to sell their product? ... the fact that it's private should not matter.

but, Also leaning towards NO3 ... don't complicate it (KISS)
                  Doesnt say no or say yes.

Rather i dry hop or hopstand? considering will be using the aroma blowing Voss/Lutra Kveik

Comment

Rather i dry hop or hopstand? considering will be using the aroma blowing Voss/Lutra Kveik
                    Hopstand will be faster, only have to wait the couple of days for the yeast to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post

Hopstand will be faster, only have to wait the couple of days for the yeast to finish.
                      In your kveik experience, does it retain the aromas? the 2 times i tried it didn't. Maybe the amount was low. It was around 20-30grams.

Comment

In that case Im not going to say you're safe to do this ... do your homework before you get into it.

Comment

You're the only person I know of that had a problem ... like I said, KISS

Comment

• Duly Noted

Comment

• It's been a very long time since I have brewed something. I am planning to remedy that this weekend with a SMaSH brew using the Belma hop i was after. Although I will be adding a little Dextrin malt for head retention, so I guess technically not a SMaSH, but it soes not add any flavour etc.

The recipe might be tweaked a bit during the week, but i doubt that i will

I've never used Lallemand yeast before, always opted for US-05, but I think it will be good. Any beer is better than no beer.

Maybe I will make the pension eaters clean their mess and post a pic

Comment

• Originally posted by HAP-BR3W View Post
                                It's been a very long time since I have brewed something. I am planning to remedy that this weekend with a SMaSH brew using the Belma hop i was after. Although I will be adding a little Dextrin malt for head retention, so I guess technically not a SMaSH, but it soes not add any flavour etc.

The recipe might be tweaked a bit during the week, but i doubt that i will

I've never used Lallemand yeast before, always opted for US-05, but I think it will be good. Any beer is better than no beer.

Maybe I will make the pension eaters clean their mess and post a pic

25 grams hops does not seem much, but your choice, plus how can the AA be the same for 60, 30 and 5 minute additions ?.
                                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                                X