Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pseudo lager Smeudo lager its a Ale and will always be a Ale even if you do Lager it, it will still be an Ale lol

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
      Pseudo lager Smeudo lager its a Ale and will always be a Ale even if you do Lager it, it will still be an Ale lol

100%.

I had a couple of stuff so took a chance to see how this turns out. It seems the m22 is a subtle clone, more citrus than anything else.

Thinking back not sure why I did didn't just do a normal lager, I have temp control etc. Anyways...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maputo_Brew View Post

Voss for a pseudo lager? Voss fermented at 20c? Im waiting for the taste report on this one.

How did you plan to suppress the Voss orangey esters? Lutra seems to be the go to kveik yeast for pseudo lagers.
        This is basically the recipe I followed, liked the sound of it. Only thing I changed was bettering at 100g vs their 60g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG6K55Zl3-s

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post

100%.

I had a couple of stuff so took a chance to see how this turns out. It seems the m22 is a subtle clone, more citrus than anything else.

Thinking back not sure why I did didn't just do a normal lager, I have temp control etc. Anyways...
          I'm assuming you meant M12 Voss?

I made a batch the other day (still fermenting, but should be nearly finished), I'm not picking up any orangey esters from mine (I have never picked up any, in fact- used Liquid Culture midtbust and ragnarok previously, still have some of both I think, as well as Lutra).

I don't know if I'm just not sensitive to what you guys are picking up on or what.

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
            I'm assuming you meant M12 Voss?

I made a batch the other day (still fermenting, but should be nearly finished), I'm not picking up any orangey esters from mine (I have never picked up any, in fact- used Liquid Culture midtbust and ragnarok previously, still have some of both I think, as well as Lutra).

I don't know if I'm just not sensitive to what you guys are picking up on or what.
            Sorry, m12

Sleep depravation is a real thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
              Pseudo lager Smeudo lager its a Ale and will always be a Ale even if you do Lager it, it will still be an Ale lol

Relax.... it's a thing
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Gents, need help.

Brewed a Amber/Red Ale that im supposed to bottle in 2 days,

The problem is that i brewed as to not keep empty bottles but currently because i didn't drink as much and my friends cancelled, i only have about half the required ammout.

Can I bottle this half and then out the remaining on one of my kegs for later consumption/Bottling?

Should i add sugar to condition this beer on the keg (i dont have co2)? If i dont, will it oxidize being about half a keg?

I dont yet own a keg dispensing system.

Comment

Gents, need help.

The problem is that i brewed as to not keep empty bottles but currently because i didn't drink as much and my friends cancelled, i only have about half the required ammout.

Can I bottle this half and then out the remaining on one of my kegs for later consumption/Bottling?

Should i add sugar to condition this beer on the keg (i dont have co2)? If i dont, will it oxidize being about half a keg?

Hey, you can def decant half the batch for bottling and bottle as usual. Then just leave the remaining portion in the ferementation unit with airlock and bottle the other half when ready. DO not add any sugar to the remaining batch till ready to bottle.

Comment

Gents, need help.

Why not just leave it till you're ready to bottle the whole batch? No need to bottle it straight away unless you need the FV for another batch of course...
                    Anyways, i'd leave it in the FV and make a plan with the bottles. As you say, the less O2 exposure you give it the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaPunT View Post

Why not just leave it till you're ready to bottle the whole batch? No need to bottle it straight away unless you need the FV for another batch of course...
                      Anyways, i'd leave it in the FV and make a plan with the bottles. As you say, the less O2 exposure you give it the better.
                      Also this. There is no "rule" to say once FG is hit BOTTLE ASAP.

I am ageing some of my beer on wood for a few months im not rushing to bottle.

Comment

• Thanks lads,

I will see how it goes.

I already dry hopped the beer, will remove the dry hop bag and keep it on the fermenter till some cases are made empty. Shame i decided to pause my drinking, otherwise i would empty the cases in no time.

Comment

Thanks lads,

I will see how it goes.

I already dry hopped the beer, will remove the dry hop bag and keep it on the fermenter till some cases are made empty. Shame i decided to pause my drinking, otherwise i would empty the cases in no time.
                          Also just get more bottles. I bought more cases of empties to avoid this problem.

Comment

Thanks lads,

I will see how it goes.

Just drink a hell of a lot more beer.
                            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post

Just drink a hell of a lot more beer.
                              Whoop whooop

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

Relax.... it's a thing
                                Yes you are right, many brewers want to split hairs about everything but wouldn't go trough the trouble to brew a proper Lager and then brew a Ale and want to call it a pseudo Lager, a very stupid thing indeed

Harhm
                                Last edited by Harhm; 16 August 2022, 04:50.
                                2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Working...
                                X