This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CapeTownBrew View Post
    I need to brew the Libertine Black Ale Clone this weekend to have it ready for the Southyeasters Summer Festival!
    Oh crap.. Work to do. I want to redo some christening ale for that.
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
      No brewing for me either at the moment, another couple of weeks. Can't wait, will get the mates around to witness my first attempt with the new system. Pleeease no leaks.
      Can I come? Me? Me? Me?
      Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post
        Can I come? Me? Me? Me?
        But Simon, that's like having two braaiers at a braai.
        "I’m Allergic to grass. Hey, it could be worse. I could be allergic to beer." – Greg Norman

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
          ...so I decided to try their Brown Ale kit.
          Man, but this Brown Ale is an active one!! Literally within 15mins of pitching the S04 yeast it started pushing the vodka in the bubbler and within 20mins the first bubbles escaped. Since then it has been a constant gurgling and, when I had to get up sometime in the middle of the night, I noticed that the little cap on the bubbler had been popped off, but with no krausen visible in the bubbler so I popped it back on and went back to bed.

Looking forward to this beer!!
          Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Time to join in I have a Vienna red lager that has been lagering for the last 2 months while I have been here in Iraq. My wife picked up my 4 party kegs yesterday so the lager will go in there next weekend. Hopefully I can go and pick up the grains for a brown ale and IPA on my way back from the airport on Thursday afternoon.

We are also getting a new addition to our family on Thursday (Great Dane puppy), hopefully I can get him to become my brew buddy and that he will be more interested in brewing than my wife, kids and English bull dog.

Comment

Originally posted by medic View Post
              We are also getting a new addition to our family on Thursday (Great Dane puppy), hopefully I can get him to become my brew buddy and that he will be more interested in brewing than my wife, kids and English bull dog.
              Haha I have 3 Great Danes and they really aren't too interested in the brewing. They are however very keen on the cookies I make for them with the spent grain!

Comment

I actually need to look into making those cookies. You mind sharing the receipt? Think that would keep the bull dog out of my garage when I am brewing and keep her from dragging all my tools out of the garage. Actually funny watching her on the grass trying to eat a metal hammer.

Comment

Sure. Here's the recipe. It isn't mine but the dogs really love them.
                  Ingredients
                  4 cups spent grain
                  1 cup peanut butter
                  2 cups flour
                  2 eggs

Step by step
                  1. Mix the ingredients together and press the dough onto parchment or wax paper.
                  2. Cut the pressed dough into shapes with a cookie cutter or using a knife.
                  3. Place the treats onto parchment paper on cookie sheet and place in a 180 °C oven.
                  4. Bake for 30 minutes.
                  5. After 30 minutes, drop the oven heat to 100 °C and bake for two hours. When the treats come out they should be dry and crunchy so they do not spoil/mold. If they are not dry after two hours, increase time at 100 °C. You want to dry them, but not
                  cook them to the point where they are hard to break.

Here's the link
                  http://www.17apart.com/2013/07/how-t...og-treats.html
                  Last edited by Matt54; 7 February 2015, 13:51. Reason: link didn't work

Comment

Awesome, Thank you very much. Will give it a try next brew day

Comment

Man, but this Brown Ale is an active one!!
                      I did a BIAB Brown Ale a couple of weeks ago and it too was really active in the beginning.

- - - Updated - - -

Anytime
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, Thank you very much. Will give it a try next brew day
                        Great stuff. Anytime

Comment

4 of these will make it into the Black Ale if you take dry hopping into account!
                          Attached Files
                          bluemountainbrew.co.za

Primary:
                          Secondary: Apple & Cranberry Wine, Strawberry Wine, Mead,
                          Conditioning:
                          Bottled/Kegged: Black Ale/BIPA (SYSF)
                          Next Up:​ ?Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout?

Comment

Originally posted by CapeTownBrew View Post
                            4 of these will make it into the Black Ale if you take dry hopping into account!
                            only four?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt54 View Post
                              I've also got a Southern Brown Ale in the fermenter

As I type, my boil of an English Brown Ale is about 20mins away from completion

Hopefully I can go and pick up the grains for a brown ale

Originally posted by Matt54 View Post
                              I did a BIAB Brown Ale a couple of weeks ago

quite a popular style

Comment

200g of hops is more than I have done before! Should turn out pretty good. Hopefully!
                                bluemountainbrew.co.za

Primary:
                                Secondary: Apple & Cranberry Wine, Strawberry Wine, Mead,
                                Conditioning:
                                Bottled/Kegged: Black Ale/BIPA (SYSF)
                                Next Up:​ ?Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout?

Comment

Working...
                                X