Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable Malt Roller Mills + Bottle Holders/Carriers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people use the "corona" mills like that with succsess. If you look around a bit you can get them a bit cheaper but some of the china ones are not the greatest qaulity.

Comment

There are some even cheaper options available
      But a mills a mill and a grinders a grinder

Screenshot_20200604_114443.jpg

My first mill was the modded pasta machine variety.
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

https://www.yuppiechef.com/marcato.h...-Grain-Crusher
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by johncoram89 View Post
          So is the beer lab grain mill at R975 the most affordable way to go?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
          Yeah, but you're going to work your arm to bits if you want to turn a few kilos of malt. I'm currently running a review on a roller mill (dunno what it costs, TBH) but I'll post it in a few days. Just running around like a madman these days.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't pay that money for just a manual type mill, TBH. A coffee grinder might work better.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
            Yeah, but you're going to work your arm to bits if you want to turn a few kilos of malt. I'm currently running a review on a roller mill (dunno what it costs, TBH) but I'll post it in a few days. Just running around like a madman these days.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't pay that money for just a manual type mill, TBH. A coffee grinder might work better.
            neither will I pay R975 for that piece of crap fake Corona mill
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
              Yeah, but you're going to work your arm to bits if you want to turn a few kilos of malt.
              If you strap a drill to it on low speed it turns 20-30mins and a sore arm into 5-10mins of drinking beer and filling the hopper.

But if you brew a lot a decent mill is worth the added cost.

Comment

I have a corona type mill and have been using it to crush grains for over 90 brews.I crush the grain fine as I do BIAB.
                I crush the grain manually and will continue to do so. Have no plans to purchase a roller mill as I am satisfied with what I have.
                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                X