Equipment supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    OK so BevPlus again. After I queried the 25% inflation they rectified the price on the invoice for me, so the R478 price online is in fact the correct one. The R596 price was a mistake on their side.

Facepalm.jpg

looks like their WHOLE website needs to be re-checked ... and then checked again
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Hi all

I am working for BevPLUS/Dematech now and just wanted to respond to some of this. We are busy overhauling our website, so we will have much better accuracy with respect to pricing. At the moment each item has to be updated manually and we've had lots of edits not being implemented. But starting from next week (hopefully) we will be able to batch update.

In terms of pricing. That increase was directly related to the increase from our suppliers, decrease in value of rand and increase in transport costs. We then decided to cut our margin drastically for the medium-near term to help support our friends and colleagues in the brewing industry who are really struggling at this time. I know the increase came as a shock to a lot of people but these are insane and volatile times and we are doing what we can to keep things as stable, consistent and honourable as possible.

In terms of lead times and responses, I know we have also been very bad. We are traditionally a supplier to the craft and macro beer market, so all of our systems are designed for relatively few large orders. With the boom in homebrewing we were literally getting 100's of orders a day and our systems completely failed and our staff were swamped (most of us were working 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week to try and keep up). We have finally been able to implement some systems to streamline the process. We still have a backlog but it has been drastically reduced.

Just thought I'd use the opportunity to provide our side of the story. I'm a long time homebrewer and will always do whatever I can to support the hobby.

If we are taking a long time to get back to you RDWHAHB and trust that we are doing what we can to get back to you as soon as we can

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
        Hi all

I am working for BevPLUS/Dematech now and just wanted to respond to some of this. We are busy overhauling our website, so we will have much better accuracy with respect to pricing. At the moment each item has to be updated manually and we've had lots of edits not being implemented. But starting from next week (hopefully) we will be able to batch update.

In terms of pricing. That increase was directly related to the increase from our suppliers, decrease in value of rand and increase in transport costs. We then decided to cut our margin drastically for the medium-near term to help support our friends and colleagues in the brewing industry who are really struggling at this time. I know the increase came as a shock to a lot of people but these are insane and volatile times and we are doing what we can to keep things as stable, consistent and honourable as possible.

In terms of lead times and responses, I know we have also been very bad. We are traditionally a supplier to the craft and macro beer market, so all of our systems are designed for relatively few large orders. With the boom in homebrewing we were literally getting 100's of orders a day and our systems completely failed and our staff were swamped (most of us were working 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week to try and keep up). We have finally been able to implement some systems to streamline the process. We still have a backlog but it has been drastically reduced.

Just thought I'd use the opportunity to provide our side of the story. I'm a long time homebrewer and will always do whatever I can to support the hobby.

If we are taking a long time to get back to you RDWHAHB and trust that we are doing what we can to get back to you as soon as we can
        I think it's very possible that my posts seem "mean" or "degrading" to BevPlus, but it's not. Honestly. The service I've gotten from you guys before has always been good, and I know your money doesn't lie in selling 2kgs of malt to a homebrewer every month. I also didn't mean your pricing issues as "bad", I know it happens. You're not the only ones to get increases either, in fact, most places I've seen experienced a bad price hike thanks to the Rand tanking over the past two months.

Yes, I was a bit bummed by the 8-day waiting time for feedback, but that's OK. It happens. At least you're not Telkom who once took 8 months to respond to a query I had. I'll see you guys for orders on minikegs and those nice 57l fermenters once you get stock again.

Comment

Working...
        X