Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fermentation Equipment Advice

Hi

I want to purchase a fridge or freezer and a STC 1000 for fermentation just want to check a few things first.

My understanding is that if I want to cold crash then I would need 1 fridge or freezer for each fermentor unless I do both brews on the same day and they have very similar fermentations temps?
    If I did 2 brews on a week or so apart it would not be possible to cold crash as it would affect the second fermentor.

So either I do 2 brews at once with similar temp requirements or I just brew every 2-3 weeks.

Is my understanding correct? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Cold Crashing is NOT a necessity, unless you anal about having clear liquid on bottling/kegging day.

Since I keg, I sometimes cold crash in the keg in a different fridge, so that my next brew can start fermenting in the fermentation fridge (which is only big enough to house one bucket)
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

That's a pretty good idea, I cold crash in my keezer, but when I'm at capacity this won't work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a question, if you rack straight into the keg, won't your yeast still be suspended? Not a big deal, but the trub at the bottom of the keg will be more?

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
          Just a question, if you rack straight into the keg, won't your yeast still be suspended? Not a big deal, but the trub at the bottom of the keg will be more?

Slightly more ... You'll be surprised how little it actually is
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I just wanted to contribute to an old thread because I think I have found the most under rated piece of fermenting equipment.

It's an elbow for the inside of my fermenter tap and it allows me to draw beer from much lower than the bottom of the tap line. This is like a sediment reducer but way better.

It's a fitting they use for washing machine drainpipes, I found it at a very average hardware store for R16.

Why dont all fermenters have this!?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

What type of tap have you got on that the thread matches?

Now I have some little filters that I got (can't remember where from or what they are for,) but they would probably pop right onto that spigot. Will try find them and post a pic.

Edit:add Photo
              Screenshot_20190803_083435.jpg

Apparently these are actually called wort filters according to Aliexpress
              Langchop
              Last edited by Langchop; 3 August 2019, 08:36.
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                Nice! Thanks for sharing.

What type of tap have you got on that the thread matches?

Now I have some little filters that I got (can't remember where from or what they are for,) but they would probably pop right onto that spigot. Will try find them and post a pic.

Edit:add Photo
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2061[/ATTACH]

Apparently these are actually called wort filters according to Aliexpress
                It's the generic tap that fits my bottling wand

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X