No announcement yet.

Pressure Fermentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's very useful, thanks for the feedback. I'm keen to get going on FUP specifically for lagers. As soon as my skare arrives I'll do a pseudo lager with it to test the kveikiness if I'm not impressed I'll pull the trigger on a fup platform. I do enjoy clean crisp pilsners and they're a staple in my rote and from all accounts fup is the way to churn them out a bit faster

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Duplicated post

Comment

Thanks for that Harhm. Very useful and very interesting for what I am wanting to do... Essentially clean and crisp US05 'ale lagers'
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Lager fermented at 15 psi with Liquid Culture LC068 pressure fermentation yeast. I Lagered it for a month.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
          2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Very pretty

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! That is crystal clear!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice One
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Kveik Oslo from Liquid Culture performing very well under pressure, fermented side by side at 20°C for 5 days, 0 psi (top) and 10 psi.

Harhm
                  Last edited by Harhm; 10 June 2020, 08:23.
                  2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

I do like exBEERiments. Identical recipes/ split batch for both?
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                      I do like exBEERiments. Identical recipes/ split batch for both?
                      Beer was split into 2 after yeast was pitched

Harhm
                      Last edited by Harhm; 14 June 2020, 11:03.

Comment

Any difference in taste? Fermentation duration? In other words was it worth it to ferment under pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                          Any difference in taste? Fermentation duration? In other words was it worth it to ferment under pressure?
                          Cleaner ester profiles. Faster fermentation at higher temps with some Lager strains I have tested. Some Kveik and Ale strains also do realy well under pressure. Added benefit of spunding and closed transfers. Definitely has its place in brewing.

Harhm
                          Last edited by Harhm; 12 August 2020, 14:30.

Comment

What's the take on this idea?

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                              Cleaner ester profiles. Faster fermentation at higher temps with some Lager strains I have tested. Some Kveik and Ale strains also do realy well under pressure. Added benefit of spunding and closed transfers. Definitely has its place in brewing.

if you dont mind me asking what are you using to pressure ferment in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                                if you dont mind me asking what are you using to pressure ferment in?
                                Doubt he'll reply. He's kinda taken off from here, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X