Fermentation schedule's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fermentation schedule's

So I see over on the over forum they had a bit of debate on fermentation schedules. Some are for as soon as its done i bottle/keg and others feel they need to leave it longer to condition etc.

Me personally I ferment at the low end of the yeast for a few days and when activity starts to slow down I ramp up 1c per day till the top end and leave it for about 3-4 days. Once activity has completely stopped i replace my airlock lid with a solid lid and cold crash for atleast 2-3 weeks.

I find this makes the best beer for me, it also helps to get the most particulate out even with finnings.

This all assume the yeast is not kveik. If kveik I leave next to oven and cold crash after 5 days.

What do you guys do?

I just don't have the patience for a 3week schedule.
    With 05 its pitch Saturday.
    Ferment till thursday, crash till Saturday.
    Keg and drink

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually dont touch the FV for about 10days, besides touching up the liquid in the airlock.

Cold crush ± 48 hours, then keg.

.... rinse and repeat
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

other forum? is that the mybroadband thing?

i dont like stuffing about with brewing stuff during the week, so depends on what i've got going. either leave it to ferment longer or cold crAsh longer. you'd only rush a beer if you cant plan.

Comment

Working...
        X