Beer in cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer in cans

If you can you can can your beer but if you can not you will have to bottle it Sorry I just had to

@Dewald what is the TPO they are promising you when you get your beer canned?

By the way I prefer a beer that had to travel in a can above a beer that had to travel in a bottle.
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 13 June 2022, 12:31.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
    If you can you can can your beer but if you can not you will have to bottle it Sorry I just had to

@Dewald what is the TPO they are promising you when you get your beer canned?

By the way I prefer a beer that had to travel in a can above a beer that had to travel in a bottle.
    Beer in cans can like to work for me...all the way from Benoni..

Well, they will definitely not worry about TPO in the cans - it is a pretty rudimentary process.

They connect the keg to a tap and manually fill the cans via the tap - it will obviously have a head, so in all honesty, I think it should be at a minimum? No idea. I finished my last Pale Ale I had canned middle April and it was as good as the first can, no oxidization.

Comment

They purge the cans with co2 and then fill as Dewald said. Then the top goes on and gets crimped. But I'll ask OCB or Danie at the CC festival on Saturday.

Comment

@Jake's also ask them if they recommend that you carb a bit higher than your target in package

Capping on foam also helps to keep O2 to a minimum but you'll loose a bit of CO2

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
          @Jake's also ask them if they recommend that you carb a bit higher than your target in package
          Yes definitely - I found that my canned Pale Ale was just a tiny bit low on carbonation - they chill the keg overnight and can cold - straight from the keg.

Comment

OCB takes your keg and pre-carbs to their specs.

Comment

Working...
            X