No announcement yet.

Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have black lines. Grey for gas, clear for beer, but what's nice is that in a pinch, I can swap them around if I want.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm seeing now he has two beer lines, I bought the more expensive one that he recommends and it does not fit any push fittings. Spent most of the morning googling and it looks like I'm stuck with barbs for the beer side.

Oh well, some day I will upgrade

Comment

• I've also got the clear line ... not sure the ID ... fits tight onto barb
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          I've done beer on beer on beer so much previously that at one stage I had about 5L of trub before I poured a little over to a new bucket and started over.

Not sure how many billions of cells that was, but the beer was perfect
          Listen properly:

It is eleven billionty, five thousand million eighty five ninety cells.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            I've also got the clear line ... not sure the ID ... fits tight onto barb
            I've got this one. ID seems to be about 6.5mm
            1.jpg

Comment

• Yup, ID is 6.7mm I believe, printed as such on mine.

Comment

• I have read reports that those lines give a distinct plastic taste and allows through an excessive amount of oxygen. What has been your experience? Can you taste anything funky?

Comment

• So I've decided that i need to keep 1 batch worth of bottles on hand for a rainy day but my probem is storage. Currently i have tried 3 different rates as per pic. The blue and red are to shallow and the black milk crate dosint have divisions per bottle so they slosh around and fall over. I know the best thing for this is cort crates but i have reservations about keeping something thats not mine what do you folks do? And where do you get them?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                    I have read reports that those lines give a distinct plastic taste and allows through an excessive amount of oxygen. What has been your experience? Can you taste anything funky?
                    My lines are very short and the first bit is tossed anyway, so no I have no issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                      I have read reports that those lines give a distinct plastic taste and allows through an excessive amount of oxygen. What has been your experience? Can you taste anything funky?
                      Interesting, around here that is basically what everybody uses. Also haven't had any weird taste or anything else for that matter. I don't keep my lines connected and also chuck the first bit that comes out after sitting for a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                        So I've decided that i need to keep 1 batch worth of bottles on hand for a rainy day but my probem is storage. Currently i have tried 3 different rates as per pic. The blue and red are to shallow and the black milk crate dosint have divisions per bottle so they slosh around and fall over. I know the best thing for this is cort crates but i have reservations about keeping something thats not mine what do you folks do? And where do you get them?

I exclusively use 750 quart SAB crates and a 375ml Amstel crate for my 440s. The current 330/340ml SAB crates, the compartments are too small, thou they work ok when the 440 bottles are stored upside down.

Comment

• While I'm working I might as well put up a youtube channel or 3. I know david heath is popular as well as northern brewer. Any others I should consider adding to my playlist? The aim will be to pick up tips/tricks and see/hear how other people are doing things. Id like to stay away from scientific theories or statistical analysis type channels that require intense focus.

Thanks

Comment

• The homebrew Chanel has been my favorite for a while. He brewed every beer in die 2015 back guidelines. As he progressed he got all kinds of kit and in my opinion his brewery stopped resembling a typical homebrewery but he's fun and not technically inclined. There is an Australian girl brewer but I forgot her name now

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                              The homebrew Chanel has been my favorite for a while. He brewed every beer in die 2015 back guidelines. As he progressed he got all kinds of kit and in my opinion his brewery stopped resembling a typical homebrewery but he's fun and not technically inclined. There is an Australian girl brewer but I forgot her name now

Homebrew channel or homebrew challenge? Or Craft beer channel? I can't find a homebrew channel, only craft beer channel and homebrew challenge. Linky to the channel?

Comment

• I'm a big claw hammer supply brew channel fan. They definitely aren't the most top notch brewers but have a lot of fun and they are very entertaining.
                                A key thing for a brew channel to me is that they taste the beer in the same video I hate it when I don't know how that brew turned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X