X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Andreas;31961]
    That said, my hydrometer broke 7 minths ago

/QUOTE]

All of us! Maybe we should ask: the longest your hygrometer has lasted? 1y5m

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
      What would the best way to get a sample for testing the gravity? I've used the tap on my FV and also opened it with one of my beers to see what's happening. Maybe my beer is so crap that the infections don't get noticed
      iSpindel is my new best friend. I don't use it for absolute values and correctness, but as a guide to when fermentation is finished, it's freaking brilliant- it's also more accurate than I would care to give credit, but caution says not to rely on it for absolute values.

Comment

• Oh right, I have two of those. I should really set it up and hook it into brewfather...

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• [QUOTE=jannieverjaar;31963]
          Originally posted by Andreas View Post
          That said, my hydrometer broke 7 minths ago

/QUOTE]

All of us! Maybe we should ask: the longest your hygrometer has lasted? 1y5m

3 years. 1 year. 2 years. 1 month...

Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk
          Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
          Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

• [QUOTE=Andreas;31970]
            Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
            3 years. 1 year. 2 years. 1 month...

Sent from my ART-L29 using Tapatalk
            George from YT channel 'Barley and Hops Brewing' says: If you buy one hydrometer it breaks in a day, buy two ... they never break.

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
              iSpindel is my new best friend. I don't use it for absolute values and correctness, but as a guide to when fermentation is finished, it's freaking brilliant- it's also more accurate than I would care to give credit, but caution says not to rely on it for absolute values.
              Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
              Oh right, I have two of those...
              I've seen these mentioned and they sound interesting... They're DIY-jobbies right? How difficult are these to put together? And where do you source components?

Comment

• Random small questions

Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
                I've seen these mentioned and they sound interesting... They're DIY-jobbies right? How difficult are these to put together? And where do you source components?
                Some floating around on https://www.ispindle.co.za/shop/ not sure how much cheaper you can DIY for

Comment

• Wow you could almost buy a keg for that price. Id rather estimate

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                    Some floating around on https://www.ispindle.co.za/shop/ not sure how much cheaper you can DIY for
                    Haaahahahaha... nope.

According to my spreadsheet, I built 3 for about R510 per unit- actually cheaper since I didn't buy batteries but instead salvaged the 18650 cells from an old Acer battery pack. I printed the pcb's via jlc pcb and bought the components from aliexpress, the tubes from a guy on ebay.

Comment

• About half the price of a tilt, but yeah it's not a must have. Im going to use it for sugarwashes though, no real need for my beers

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                        Haaahahahaha... nope.

According to my spreadsheet, I built 3 for about R510 per unit- actually cheaper since I didn't buy batteries but instead salvaged the 18650 cells from an old Acer battery pack. I printed the pcb's via jlc pcb and bought the components from aliexpress, the tubes from a guy on ebay.
                        So how much you charging

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                          So how much you charging

what he said

Comment

• Sorry gents, not selling anything. I still actually need parts to finish the remainder of the pcb's I have. I might consider it somewhere down the line, but as of now, no plans.

Comment

• I have a logik 50l urn (no mods yet) but am itching to brew with it. 2 things though.

1. I tested the temp controller with plain water and if I set it to 60C, it vacillates between 62 and 58. Is that good enough?
                              2. It really has a piddly little tap. Is that OK for now (I know it'll obviously take longer to drain) ?
                              Tap.jpg

PS. This will be my 1st ever AG brew

Comment

• I use the logic urn as is for my brewing. Just with added stc for temp control

Comment

Working...
                                X