Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn thanks.

Comment

• What are you guys using to store your bulk malt? I got three bags and figured let me ask before I head off to plastic world and just buy a few dustbins

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
        What are you guys using to store your bulk malt? I got three bags and figured let me ask before I head off to plastic world and just buy a few dustbins
        Bucket or just plastic packets. Keep a candle in the bucket.
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
          Keep a candle in the bucket.
          Eh.. what now? what's the candle for?

Comment

• Actually, Its something my mother used to do which I never thought much about: putting a candle in plastic containers where she stored rice, oats, maize, and any fresh grain really. Apparently it keeps weevils and other grain loving bugs out. It seemed to work but I dont know anything about the legitimacy or risks of it, if any.

I did have a good laugh though when I saw ex-forumite AtronSiege also used candles in his grain.
            Langchop
            Last edited by Langchop; 11 January 2021, 10:41. Reason: EDIT: Also, you always have a candle for unexpected loadhsedding!
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• who am I to go against your mother, guess I will join the club and add a candle to the bucket

I'll just tell the SO that the buckets are for candle storage, and emergency supplies.

Comment

• +1 I also heard a small piece of candle will keep the bugs away
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

who am I to go against your mother, guess I will join the club and add a candle to the bucket

I'll just tell the SO that the buckets are for candle storage, and emergency supplies.
                  roflol.jpg

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

who am I to go against your mother, guess I will join the club and add a candle to the bucket

I do have rather short limbs, a bald head, and an occassional twitch. But naaaaa, Im sure it wasnt the candles.
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                      I do have rather short limbs, a bald head, and an occassional twitch. But naaaaa, Im sure it wasnt the candles.
                      haha!!

Comment

• Lol. I always pictured you as Tall. "Lang" chop.
                        And in my head it was also Lamb chop. So you have lamb chop sideburns.
                        Now with a bold head and short limbs it paints an interesting picture.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just to clarify. My avatar pic is not me
                          Cheers,
                          Lang
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• I dont know anymore! [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sweet.. was also worried about this. Time to go raid the loadshedding stash of candles.

What are we talking about here... something like a 5cm section?

Comment

• 1 whole candle I guess, is what I have always seen.
                                Cheers,
                                Lang
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X