No announcement yet.

Newby question - (first of many)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There be very clever people on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
      To be honest though my lapa should be relabeled!
      Ja, should be called the Crowded Mess.........

Comment

Lol yes /kids parking lot/ i need to learn about housekeeping. I have learned that my hole clean out thing doesn't work. You spend a lot of time moving stuff out that gets moved in by your team members at earliest convenience. But this time its all my stuff. That is my lifting arrangement above my mash tun/ brew kettle/urn.
        Maby its just how messy my brain is and i should make peace

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
        jannieverjaar
        Last edited by jannieverjaar; 28 September 2020, 18:34.

Comment

[QUOTE=jannieverjaar;30349
          Maby its just how messy my brain is and i should make peace
          yes perhaps that is the truth.
          I battle because i hunt fish dive race hike camp make my own, collect salvage and recondition.

Comment

I took my beer to the local pub last night for the guys to try, cleared the permissions and poured a 3/4 glass for each person.

The first responses came from the woman with a instant liking and a few questions skirting the classification of beer and "is this really like beer", its much nicer than "beer"?

I do not know if thats a compliment or not, it tastes much nicer than beer Dave, like a adult cool drink , "well almost!"
            The girls liked it straight out.

The guys were more in the line of .....
            Its rather fruity for a beer.
            Its not as fizzy light as SAB beer.
            Its quiet heavy - rather thick, nice color.
            The barman said, " it goes to your head rather fast"

Then.......
            I suppose the change from XYZ I was drinking made it taste funny at first, its actually quiet nice.
            I like this Dave, it would be a welcome as a choice on the shelf.
            After the first half, I would honestly say this is better than my B/Label.

I only opened my taster after everyone else had finished, WOW !!!!!!! what a change !!!!!!!!!!
            After 4 days it was "ya - ok!" would not wish to make it again stuff.
            After two weeks it was as I posted, drinkable, even nice, but felt low alcohol in a few ways.
            3 day older and it is actually very nice and better if not ice cold - like as in a nice ice cold beer.
            My beer got better with taste.

Comment

Well now I want one. Most people know there is hops in beer but that's about where the knowledge ends and even some "craft drinkers" dont know what hops can do.
              Actually I'm still learning so let me not be to harsh. The fruity American hops can be rather surprising in a fairly young beer.

Anyway great feedback and great to hear that your beer improved so much. Good idea taking it to the bar. You get the opinion of beer drinkers not sippers and swirlers

Comment

Originally posted by Treeman View Post
                This is where I am at, the frame work of my brewing room was set up today, 22 mm pine cladding will go onto that and a insulated roof 4.1 m x 2.2 and 2.4 high.

I am so looking forward to being able to work out of the wind and cold, to have space.
                20200918_201854 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
                20201011_183758 by David Frank Allen, on Flickr
                It is to be done by tonight, just a ceiling, basin and first shelf for now then I will fit wiring and plumbing.

Comment

Nice Treeman! lekker to have a brew space.

Comment

That looks nice bud, I think you are going to have fun in there [emoji482]

Comment

sweet - i like you escape pod, guessing only one battleaxe allowed at a time

Comment

Nice setup
                        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I cold crashed my wash by putting it into a fridge for a couple of days. After the 3rd day in the fridge I put it out and primed it.

When I stirred I noticed there was some ice floating around. I waited another day for the ice to melt.

When the ice melted I gently stirred my Weiss wash then waited an hour and then by bottled it.

I'm worried that carbonation won't happen because of all of what my wash went through.

Any advice?

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Comment

If it reached room temperature at any stage, chances are the beer will be flat. You should have added more sugar for carbonation before bottling. I've done the above once, flat beer. I also kept the beer at near-freezing for a day with the sugar added - again flat. Fermentation happens at all temperatures, and that little bit of sugar is quickly consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBread View Post
                              I cold crashed my wash by putting it into a fridge for a couple of days. After the 3rd day in the fridge I put it out and primed it.

When I stirred I noticed there was some ice floating around. I waited another day for the ice to melt.

When the ice melted I gently stirred my Weiss wash then waited an hour and then by bottled it.

I'm worried that carbonation won't happen because of all of what my wash went through.

Any advice?

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Wash? ... You mean wort?

That priming sugar you added was probably turned into more alcohol that extra day you waited. Changes are great it will not carbonate
                              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Open them up and add some sugar directly to the bottle.
                                Use the below calculator to figure out how much to add
                                http://www.aussiehomebrewing.com/Alc...alculator.html it allows you to easily calculate per bottle, Otherwise buy carb drops from the LHBS and just chuck them into each bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X