This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Yum
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• My Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. 5 days in the bottle and tasting good. Not as clear than some of the other show pieces but probaby secondary fermentation is still in action.
      20201225_164440.jpg

Has almost the same colour (8.2 SRM) as my American Amber Pale Ale (7.9 SRM). This SNPA one had no mid to late hop additions and no dry hopping - only a large flameout addition with a resulting 20min whirlpool from boiling till 70°C then chilled... and very hoppy indeed 39.4 IBU. Love it. It has a different hoppy taste/aroma/flavour than if dry hopped - I find that dryhopping gives a sharp/crisp hop taste - wheas the flameout/whirlpool addition resluts in a more rounded hop taste - not as smack in the face - which is perhaps something I prefer.
      AlexBrew
      Last edited by AlexBrew; 26 December 2020, 09:48.

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
        groenspookasem
        Banned
        Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
          My Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. 5 days in the bottle and tasting good. Not as clear than some of the other show pieces but probaby secondary fermentation is still in action.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]2894[/ATTACH]

Has almost the same colour (8.2 SRM) as my American Amber Pale Ale (7.9 SRM). This SNPA one had no mid to late hop additions and no dry hopping - only a large flameout addition with a resulting 20min whirlpool from boiling till 70°C then chilled... and very hoppy indeed 39.4 IBU. Love it. It has a different hoppy taste/aroma/flavour than if dry hopped - I find that dryhopping gives a sharp/crisp hop taste - wheas the flameout/whirlpool addition resluts in a more rounded hop taste - not as smack in the face - which is perhaps something I prefer.
          Looks damn nice to me and very close to the real deal ...
          Screenshot_3.png
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
            Looks good! It's dead easy to clear beer and doesn't need to take a long time but it's not necessary for good beer.
            Think in couple of weeks should/will be clearer - secondary fermentation should be finished by then.

I like late additions/whirlpools over dry hopping these days
            I'm starting to think that way as well .. but suppose what your taste buds want. Anyway this SNPA is refreshingly different that the MGKH brews I did in previous batches.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
              Looks damn nice to me and very close to the real deal ...
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2895[/ATTACH]

Yeah - look at that !

Comment

• Lekker belly and a pale, cheers

Comment

• Nice ! Cheers, getting ready to pull the first pint here

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Right. Old Years day and it's officially Beer o'clock !!
                    Cheers ouks. Been lekka chatting during 2020, hope 21 will be better (brewing beer wise - I meant).
                    Lighting a fire now - need to be in bed by 21h00 apparently.. Hahahahaha

Comment

• Cheers boys! The fire is lit and the beer is ready. No brewing today just drinking! This Blonde is Definitely one of my best so far

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lekker.. Enjoy manne!

Comment

groenspookasem
                          Banned

Comment

• Crust on the pizza looks legit!

Comment

groenspookasem
                              Banned

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                                It was a winner for sure, simple to make too.
                                That looks almost as good as the view! Semo in the base? I like to make the 72 hour cold fermented one with a mix of bread and semo.

Comment

Working...
                                X