Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will brew something tomorrow, not a clue what, but I'm down to one case of finished beer and two cases that need to be bottled tomorrow, so it is kinda urgent.
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

• Yeah the t500 is sensitive, but needle valve helps. I really only use it to strip washes.
      I'm keen on getting some control on the potstill, ampcontroller would work well

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        Yeah the t500 is sensitive, but needle valve helps.
        Have a needle valve and the supplementary reservoir pump, still hate it, but it does do a nice clean alcohol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andreas View Post
          I will brew something tomorrow, not a clue what, but I'm down to one case of finished beer and two cases that need to be bottled tomorrow, so it is kinda urgent.
          That sounds good, never run out of beer is a mantra of mine :-) I've a near full keg, and two empty ones, so I'm doing a back to back to get these filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            Have a needle valve and the supplementary reservoir pump, still hate it, but it does do a nice clean alcohol.
            I'm recirculating into the 1000l flowbin with a submersible pump pushes a constant flow. I'm looking into this amp controller (voltage is easy) and pid not really needed as you're measuring vapor temp. I'll do amp reduction and parrot proof to fine tune my processor.
            Will let you know how it goes

Comment

• Two empty kegs are dangerous unless there is something in a fermenter that is ready to be transferred. A near full keg empties quickly when friends help with the tasting...
              Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
              That sounds good, never run out of beer is a mantra of mine :-) I've a near full keg, and two empty ones, so I'm doing a back to back to get these filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                Two empty kegs are dangerous unless there is something in a fermenter that is ready to be transferred. A near full keg empties quickly when friends help with the tasting...
                No doubt! I'll do both brews on kveik, so should be ready to keg next weekend/Monday. With normal yeast I'd be up shit creek without a paddle :-)

Comment

• this forum really needs a like button like homebrewtalk

Comment

• lol

so true
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 11.24.57.jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 13.07.36.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-03-07 at 12.40.24.jpg
                      I got the grain bill ready for a nice stout, and then realised I only have a lager starter. So today I'm brewing my first Swartz bier. I also remembered why I try to do all the prep work while the kids are asleep. My five year old helped, and surprisingly we got the pre-boil reading I was hoping for.

Comment

• Anybody brewing this weekend, eskom permitting? I need to do both a rum and bourbon spirit run and also have two beers to keg. First go an Oslo psuedo pils and a english ale, can't wait to get rid of the apa in the keg atm.

Comment

• Nope. Dry hopping and cold crush that's all

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just kegged my english ale, so good. About to force carb, the Oslo is o-slow, still gaaning an, will check again in a few days.

Comment

• I must say guys, I'm disappointed that nobody has tried a Corona clone yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                                I must say guys, I'm disappointed that nobody has tried a Corona clone yet.
                                iirc it's not a good beer to start off with. perhaps the calm before the storm right now, be careful out there if you're not self isolating.

Comment

Working...
                                X