This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
    nah - you're right, its much easier to take a sip smile and congratulate the brewer on his beer, then wish you could spit it out without being seen. once in the comfortable circle jerk of your mates, bash it to death. i prefer to be an asshole outright, instead of a spineless asshole for the sake of keeping up appearances
    life is too short for bullshit, but then again some people thrive on giving and receiving empty praise
    The difference between being an absolute knob and offering constructive criticism is massive. And I can see that you're just too shit scared to tell anybody the truth to his face. But I think most guys on this forum have figured out that you probably have more enemies than friends.

Comment

nope, not at all. i like my beer and my time and i hate lying to people. so being honest about a shite beer would equate to being an asshole, i doubt i'd make friends and influence people. then again, if many people think you're an asshole you must be doing something right.

i have zero doubt that some of the stuff on tap will be made dubiously also i'm not keen on possibly killing someone or be killed by someone. it'll certainly be a covid party. people dont grasp the tiniest of concepts and i dont want to associate or be associated. yeah-nah....nah.

Yep I have no time for bullshit. Don't care if people think I am an asshole.
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
        bit far from us, we were at the Centurion event last week
        Nice, how was it?

I must say, the last one a Jet Park was a bit of a rainy affair and I think a lot of people opted out, but still a good day for the Rhinos. I did not have a finished beer on that day due to time constraints, hopefully I can make amends this time round and put forward a beer that I am proud of. It's still a nice day out, and contrary to popular belief, the guys actually walk away and discuss your beer...I do it for the sake of meeting like minded people and to taste free beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
          Nice, how was it?
          Quite small due to social distancing rules etc. Some guys had excellent examples using Kveik, others missed the mark, but nothing was undrinkable.

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
          contrary to popular belief, the guys actually walk away and discuss your beer...I do it for the sake of meeting like minded people and to taste free beer.
          Ditto. If you can't take criticism of you beer, maybe stay away and call people assholes. Oh, wait, now I understand..........

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
            groenspookasem
            Banned
            Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:37.

Comment

wow jokeslouw, didn't know you cared so much about what people think of me, that makes one of us.
              I could care less. I'm just wondering WTF you seem to want from this forum if you couldn't be bothered about anybody's opinion, point of view, advice or anything else whatsoever it seems.

Comment

groenspookasem
                Banned
                Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:37.

Comment

• Jeez groenspookasem, add my name to the list of people who think you are an asshole.

You seem to have a demigod attitude towards brewing, there's a whole other world out there, besides your own little bubble. Yes, yes, I know you don't give a shit about my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                    Im busy with my version of a Cali Common .... 30min into the mash now ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3190[/ATTACH]

Will also ferment with LC Oslo
                    Ok, to get this fucking thread back on track .....

I pitched that Oslo yesterday at 13:00 (fermenting at 32ºC)... had to top up the airlock a few times as it was bubbling like a machine gun.
                    I checked on it now and it's doing about 1-2 bubbles per second, so i decided to try my hand at some top cropping ... opened the lid and to my surprise .... NO krausen to scoop anything from, WTF ?

Why?
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

groenspookasem
                      Banned
                      Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:36.

Comment

groenspookasem
                        Banned
                        Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 11:36.

Comment

• groenspookasem, I don't want this to seem like I am jumping a bandwagon as I just want to give my input in the hopes of all of us getting to an understanding.

Although you haven't done it to me, I have seen instances that I interpret as passive aggressive behaviour towards other forumites. I know you call it banter, but it is only banter when another person takes part in it. You might mean to bring some light-heartedness with it, but the manner and timing must be right and with the right person that are willing to have those exchanges. Generally this only works well if you know the person off the forum as well. (The whole point around text not having emotions)

The purpose of this forum has always been to create a positive vibe and help each other grow in our hobby. Some are more serious than others and that is ok. There is a general way everyone conduct themselves which create the general "culture" of the community. From my point of view it comes back to the point around positivity and assistance without ego. That is why someone like jakeslouw would ask the question, what is it that YOU expect from the forum.

We do not want the forum to die down due to a decline in culture as it is a valuable source for all of us and a place for local homebrewers to chat.

And if I am totally off the mark I am willing to accept that I see things differently

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                            Ok, to get this fucking thread back on track .....

I pitched that Oslo yesterday at 13:00 (fermenting at 32ºC)... had to top up the airlock a few times as it was bubbling like a machine gun.
                            I checked on it now and it's doing about 1-2 bubbles per second, so i decided to try my hand at some top cropping ... opened the lid and to my surprise .... NO krausen to scoop anything from, WTF ?

Why?

too slow my friend, that krausen comes and goes faster than a castle at a sharks game...

Comment

• Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
                              too slow my friend, that krausen comes and goes faster than a castle at a sharks game...
                              I think he was supposed to top crop at like 13:05

Comment

• I pitched Oslo yesterday morning at around 9am, I fit a blow off tube for the first 24 hours as it blows out of the airlock. I did my top cropping at 9am today and there was not a lot of krausen left to crop.

Comment

Working...
                                X