This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot_11.jpg
    Someone should then tell the Nigerians in our streets that they're actually foreigners

Apparently the Nigerian version has a little sorghum in the grist compared to other countries ... could you pickup anything in the taste?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Tried my IRA this weekend. It's good. Green, but good. It's not great, as I believe the roasted notes are slightly too high for my preference, and although the style definitely allows for it, it's not what I aimed for. Eh. Won't mind killing the keg but I would have liked it if it hit my sweet spot more.

Comment

• Could not find guiness anywere to make a irish stew the weekend.
        Not fond of stout but I think I will brew a small batch for future stews.
        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Tried some Castle Milk Stout over the weekend, they should rename it to: "Gout-in-a-can", I woke up at 3am with a terrible gout flare up, can hardly walk this morning. Damn you Castle Milk Stout!! Damn you!

I'm in between kegs, the Amber Ale will only be carbonated by the end of the week...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
            I'm in between kegs, the Amber Ale will only be carbonated by the end of the week...
            30PSI for 24 hours. Drop to 12PSI an hour before serving, adjust slightly with first pour, done.

Comment

• Nah, it does not quite work with SAB kegs, for the Corny kegs it works fine.

I found with the 50 liter kegs it's best to leave them to carbonate at room temp and at the desired PSI. Tried a bunch of methods, and found this was the best by far.

Doing a Rye IPA for my next batch. Will probably only brew it next weekend.

Comment

• That's a bummer. Someone should design a quick carb system for all kegs. Something like an airstone you can drop into the keg with a specific line, that you can disconnect or something to force more CO2 into the keg faster. I'm 99% sure you can carbonate a keg in 30 seconds using that method, without shaking.

Comment

Nah, it does not quite work with SAB kegs, for the Corny kegs it works fine.

I found with the 50 liter kegs it's best to leave them to carbonate at room temp and at the desired PSI. Tried a bunch of methods, and found this was the best by far.

Doing a Rye IPA for my next batch. Will probably only brew it next weekend.
                  I don't see why it shouldn't work. Physics is physics. The only thing I can think of due to the volume being more than double, you will either need more pressure or more time or both, but force carbing should still work. Maybe 40 psi for 36 hours?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                    That's a bummer. Someone should design a quick carb system for all kegs. Something like an airstone you can drop into the keg with a specific line, that you can disconnect or something to force more CO2 into the keg faster. I'm 99% sure you can carbonate a keg in 30 seconds using that method, without shaking.
                    https://www.blichmannengineering.com/quickcarb.html

Options to copy and go DIY route

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                      I don't see why it shouldn't work. Physics is physics. The only thing I can think of due to the volume being more than double, you will either need more pressure or more time or both, but force carbing should still work. Maybe 40 psi for 36 hours?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
                      The carbing is not the issue, it's the pouring.

When I carb at higher pressures and cooler temperatures, I get a lot of airlocks in the pipes causing over foaming. That's even after opening the keg again to release the pressure.

Carbing at room temperature and normal PSI, I get the perfect pour with every beer. It just works for me. Just sampled the Amber Ale that I kegged on Saturday morning, it's basically carbed. So all good.

Comment

T. Just sampled the Amber Ale that I kegged on Saturday morning, it's basically carbed. So all good.
                        Bietjie vroeg om te sample

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                          Bietjie vroeg om te sample
                          Al ooit gehoor van Breakfast of Champions?

Comment

Nah, it does not quite work with SAB kegs, for the Corny kegs it works fine.
                            Agreed. I leave my SAB kegs @ 10 deg C and at dispensing pressure for 2 days: done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                              That's a bummer. Someone should design a quick carb system for all kegs. Something like an airstone you can drop into the keg with a specific line, that you can disconnect or something to force more CO2 into the keg faster. I'm 99% sure you can carbonate a keg in 30 seconds using that method, without shaking.
                              Most brewers I know either use a time method (1 bar for 24 hours) or a forced carb using a shaker (2 bar, 10 minutes of shaking).

Unfortunately despite what SykomantiS says, the absorption rate of CO2 into beer tends to drop off with volume.

Comment

• Each to his own they say ... just keep doing what works for you
                                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                                X