This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewing a pilsner today.
    Same grainbill as the Pilsner Urquell I did a month or what back - which by the way is getting better by the day.
    So, same grainbill, magnum for bittering but with Saphir for aroma flavouring .. and litte bit less IBUs (34) as the PU (37).

Also bottled the Electric Pale Ale 2 days ago.. very similar aroma as the Killer Hop but a bit sweeter smelling. Didn't taste it. Probably have a curiosity taste this afternoon.. probably undercarbed and all. Ag ja .. then mix it 50/50 with a Pilser Urquell.. pitty I never managed to source one in the bottle store pre lockdown. Grrrr

Comment

• So on everyones recommendation I got Oslo for a cleaner Kveik.

I was going to brew a scottish heavy this weekend but the bock fits the big malty beer >_< so I am thinking maybe something like a marzen have all the grains anyway and be ready for summer/spring have loads of beer anyway so I am in no rush then I can condition it sufficiently too,

Comment

• I think Im going to dump the Voss (trub) I have in the fridge as I would more than likely stick with Oslo from here on out

Even the Mexican lager (kicked the keg last night) came out great.
        Kegging the PU later ... she is cold crashing since yesterday ... Also Oslo ... came down to 1.006 @ 30ºC )

Not sure what to brew next
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Maybe I should do a mexican lager its been on my "to brew" list for a year. I finally found malted corn - sorted I will do that

Comment

• Checked the Pilsner with LC077 ChechMate yeast, down from 1.044 to 1.30 in 5 days, what the hell???

Anyway, planning to keg this beer next weekend and leaving it until end of September in the keg to condition.

Will be doing another Amber Ale over the weekend. My new favourite winter beer - third 50l batch in a row for this one.

Comment

• Picking up my stir plate and 2000ml Erlenmeyer flask this afternoon.

Visiting Brewcraft tomorrow to get my hands on some yeast and DME, then setting up a yeast lab over the weekend - making lots of Kveik babies!

Comment

• After Mexican lager want to try an asian style lager with rice

Comment

• they generally use rice syrup not real rice, but I have read threads where guys tried to use real fragrant rice from there it didn't look like it was very successful.

Comment

• After Mexican lager want to try an asian style lager with rice
                    What recipe do you have in mind?

Just kegged the PU and saved the Oslo (±500ml) ... also dumped that Voss as i said
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                      Picking up my stir plate and 2000ml Erlenmeyer flask this afternoon.
                      Where are you getting?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                        Where are you getting?
                        Stir plate is home made by my brother ( his company has a laboratory) - and the Erlenmeyer from Modderfontein Labs - they have loads of surplus used stock over there.

Comment

• The mexican lager or asian lager?

I will do some searching for either, I am sure Martin from homebrew challenge covered some.

For the asian lager I just plan on adding rice at doing the necessary rests boils etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snyper564 View Post
                            The mexican lager or asian lager?

I will do some searching for either, I am sure Martin from homebrew challenge covered some.

For the asian lager I just plan on adding rice at doing the necessary rests boils etc.
                            Ill do this for the mexican lager

https://beerandbrewing.com/make-your...mexican-lager/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                              Stir plate is home made by my brother ( his company has a laboratory) - and the Erlenmeyer from Modderfontein Labs - they have loads of surplus used stock over there.
                              Nice, what did the flask set you back?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                                Nice, what did the flask set you back?

Two other places to check

https://www.cactuscraft.co.za/produc...eyer-flask-2l/

https://experilab.co.za/catalog/inde...ort=20a&page=3

Comment

Working...
                                X