Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, to post an opinion on the matter at hand, or not. That's what's currently brewing...

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem
      Cutting ties before leaving these shores ensure there's no threads left unread. Almost a cathartic experience. Almost.
      we can't wait

Comment

PearlJam, you can jump on the bandwagon if it seems so or not, it makes no difference. I'm not au fait with interpreting passive aggressive behavior as well as you are. (was that passive aggressive?) I say what I mean at the time of saying it. I have no "agenda" and am possibly an acquired taste or not everybody here's cup of tea. Asocial autism scales and all that.

Yes yes, the whole "banter" thing with jakes was a MASSIVE misinterpretation of him from my perspective, I did apologize if i recall correctly - he accepted, or so it seemed. I agree with him on certain things and others not, from what I've read here he's not the kind of guy I'd crack a beer with and I assure you the feeling will be mutual. Ces't la vie. I have a fairly thick skin and can make and take jokes or truths well enough, perhaps another debilitating trait I have, is that I automatically assume that if I can do this or that then someone else surely can too. I tend to give people too much credit / benefit of the doubt it seems.

I guess I'm bored with brewing, it's the same questions over and over on here. If people used the search function - there'd be no questions to ask. I've learnt as much as I care to learn and it's been a very long time since I picked up something new. Brewing isn't difficult, I suppose reading is for some. This forum was barely active before lockdown, lots of new brewers appeared on here since then, so your community without ego is a really a mass of inexperienced brewers unwilling to search/read? With a "pro" brewer in the mix that hasn't made connections out of the homebrew circuit it seems.

Anyway, the hobby culminates in the ultimate con - the bjcp judging / awards etc etc. I've been vocal enough about that too.

Cutting ties before leaving these shores ensure there's no threads left unread. Almost a cathartic experience. Almost.
        Some people like to validate what they read/learn with someone through chatting on a forum. When you are new to something it helps to get that validation. That is why the more experienced guys are here. You don't want to be here because you are bored, are you open with yourself about that? I can't imagine that I will keep on returning to a forum if I don't want to.

ITO BJCP, I am not sure what you have stated before, but it is not something that I have ever been interested in as I brew for myself. I also haven't seen posts about it since I returned to the forum last year. I don't think it is a big thing in this current community. Therefor I don't share your view that the hobby is the ultimate con if done for the right reasons. Not to say that anyone that likes the challenge of trying to get a style 100% right and getting the judging on it is in any way wrong.

I don't agree with you that in order to not have an ego you need to be inexperienced.

But yes, doesn't really matter.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

Comment

C'mon jakes! "I'm just wondering WTF you seem to want from this forum?"
          Aren't you the pro brewer on here that can't get out of the homebrew scene?
          Are the other pro-brewers not taking you serious over there?
          Looking for inspiration or recipes maybe?
          Or for some form recognition?
          What do you want from this forum?

You are just being nasty, are you an adolescent kid? He is actually one of the guys that still contributes positively to the forum which is appreciated by myself at least.

Comment

• Look, I think I understand groenspookasem and while I fully see how and why he rubs people up the wrong way, it's not hard to just ignore him. However, I also think that you should calm down a bit, GSP. You are obviously not coming across as a "warm" person and while that's fine, it's chasing people away from this forum. I've had a few guys ask me why you're "the way you are" and while this is the first time I read about asocial autism and whatnot, you're no idiot.

You say you haven't learned something new in forever and you're bored with brewing - maybe that's the problem. If the forum annoys you, why keep hammering on the choices people are making on here? You don't like SAB products. We get it. Millions of others do, but it doesn't seem like you understand that.

Your posts is the reason I got into distilling, and your posts shortly after on the same topic was actually one of the reasons I decided to just skip over your negative posts for the most part.

I enjoy your insight. You know a lot (a lot more than I do), but you're not always right, and you need to understand that. Other people's tastes differ, and just because someone likes Castle Lite doesn't mean their beer is piss, they're making shit and their taste buds are less developed than an informal settlement.

I, for one, sincerely miss Harhm and his contributions on here, minute iron content in his beers or not. He posted a lot of positive things and was a great motivator for people on here. Your way of openly attacking, and, dare I say, bullying him was, in my opinion, totally uncalled for, and also totally unacceptable. Yes, I did my research into brewing with cereals like Corn Flakes and the amount of iron in his beers was nowhere near the radioactive waste you made it sounds like it was.

Just my 2c on the matter. PS if you leave I want cheap corny kegs k tnx bye.

Comment

wait hold on, I asked him what he asked me? in fact, it's a direct quote. how's that nasty?
              I don't play your games. Grow up!

Comment

touched a nerve? i took you for the nicer ones
                I am nice...one thing I can't stand is a bully and I am willing to stand up for anyone around me when bullied

Comment

nothing comes out as easily as it does when the boat is rocked.
                  you sound like a guy i can crack a beer with. you're right nuance isn't conveyed in text. anyway, i call a spade a spade and if you're a "pro brewer and master distiller" you should be swimming in different hyacinth infested smelly dams than the mere homebrewer. hence the question to jakes, but i'll leave that unanswered. he knows.
                  you'll eventually go through the motions and see for yourself what i meant around the bjcp stuff, it's all on here though. searchy searchy

ok....now i'm off
                  All good on my side.

I also want to apologise to everyone on the forum if I contributed to a negative vibe today. It was not my intention.

Comment

• I think it's time we all relax have a home brew and remember what makes this forum great, beer!

now to get this thread back on track... who's brewing this weekend???
                    I'm think either a Imperial stout or a strong (double?) IPA. Want to push myself a bit an do something with a bit more oomph! I just can't decide what....

it's a hard life when you greatest conundrum is which awesome (hopefully) beer you brew next!

Comment

• I want to brew a Helles but don't have fermenter or no-chill cube space left. I have an IRA in the one cube, rum wash in another and a beer in my fermenter under Kveik, with a keg in the fridge. Oof.

Comment

• Time to get another cube.. i got a dunkelnweizen rocking.. my effeciency is up to 67% woohoo

Comment

• My 6 way split sorghum experiment seems to be going well.

Dry hopped the hands off my neipa and kveik midbust yesterday the other 2x wit, 1x wheat and saison yeasts will just go as usual till bottling day.

400119300130_331726.jpg
                          Snyper564
                          Last edited by Snyper564; 26 March 2021, 23:08.

Comment

• Wow those 2 at the bottom look like completely different beers. But its just the yeast

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah love the expiment!! Looking forward to the tasting notes. We all know yeast impacts beer flavour would be nice to know how much!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snyper564 View Post
                                My 6 way split sorghum experiment seems to be going well.

Dry hopped the hands off my neipa and kveik midbust yesterday the other 2x wit, 1x wheat and saison yeasts will just go as usual till bottling day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3196[/ATTACH]

Very interested to hear the conclusion to this experiment

Comment

Working...
                                X