This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I found the problem. Woke up Saturday morning and found more stuff tastes like nothing to me. Then smell went completely, and I went for a COVID test. Positive. So yes, that's why it tastes like water. Everything tastes like water. Even strong coffee of pure lemon juice.
    EISH! Sterkte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
      I found the problem. Woke up Saturday morning and found more stuff tastes like nothing to me. Then smell went completely, and I went for a COVID test. Positive. So yes, that's why it tastes like water. Everything tastes like water. Even strong coffee of pure lemon juice.
      Stay strong bro. Get well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
        Fortunately Electronics is my occupation and I'm a freaky perfectionist.
        Well now that you're discussing this...........I need a controller with say a 1 minute on/1 minute off adjustable timer than can activate a 230VAC power feed.........so something than can activate a decent sized relay.

Can you recommend something off the shelf or otherwise can you build one? I flunked basic electronics, my eyesight for close work sucks and I don't have steady hands anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
          Well now that you're discussing this...........I need a controller with say a 1 minute on/1 minute off adjustable timer than can activate a 230VAC power feed.........so something than can activate a decent sized relay.

Can you recommend something off the shelf or otherwise can you build one? I flunked basic electronics, my eyesight for close work sucks and I don't have steady hands anyway.
          Let me think about it Jakes. I know of a manual refrigerator timer that you can set on/off times. Example 6 hrs on 20 min off so you give the freezer time to defrost. I'm just not sure 1 min will work.
          I could come up with something that activated a Solid state relay. I'll let you know.

Comment

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/5172...frd_72_on.html

This is rather simple but could work. If you needed a higher current relay one could be added.

Comment

• Stupid question, but what about a Sonoff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/5172...frd_72_on.html

This is rather simple but could work. If you needed a higher current relay one could be added.
                Looks good, I assume time settings by way of the pots?
                What about this?
                https://www.banggood.com/AC110V-220V...CN&createTmp=1

Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                Stupid question, but what about a Sonoff?
                No idea, never looked at them, thought they were long delay switches?

Comment

What about this?

They're smart switches, works with wifi, can be controlled from your phone, also has a simple hardware on/off button.

Comment

What about this?

Yes adjustment is with pots.

Looks like that banggood one can work just not sure if it's continuous

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                      They're smart switches, works with wifi, can be controlled from your phone, also has a simple hardware on/off button.
                      Nah, won't work for what I want.

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                      Yes adjustment is with pots.

Looks like that banggood one can work just not sure if it's continuous
                      Yep, has a cycling mode.

Comment

Why not use a sonoff basic with a relay and inching mode. You can set it to go on for 60 seconds only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• time to take the electronic discussions to a new thread boys
                          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                            time to take the electronic discussions to a new thread boys
                            Bottled my red yesterday. Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Good Morning Guys!

Brewed a partial mash Belgian Abbey on Sunday (First time doing a Belgian; Very excited!).
                              I know they normally ferment at slightly higher temps, but mine has been raising up over the course of 2 days and is currently sitting at +-25 degrees, bubbler is still extremely active (I pitched at 20 degrees Sunday evening).
                              Should I be concerned at all and attempt to lower the temp a bit? Or should it be fine to leave it to finish it's growth phase on its own terms?

Comment

• As it was your first time I would have kept the temp down low to manage the esters and phenols, so you can get used to the yeast.

it's a bit late now as you want to control temp for the first few days and then let it free rise to finish out, belgian yeasts are temperamental, if you try and lower temp now it may just stall. I would try and keep it where it is now and not let it go higher.

What yeast did you use? 25 is not crazy high depending on the yeast, it will prolly be just fine so dont worry to much. if you used an abbayye yeast it may even be better as some of them are alot more restrained than the trappist yeasts.

Also they generally dont ferment at higher temps, I know of only one brewery that will let it free rise to 29C and even they will do it slowly over multiple days so it doesn't go bonkers.

I generally start at 17C for two days and then let it rise 1C per day till 23 and then let it finish it out there coz that gives me the mix of esters and phenols that I like, but this is for the yeast I use and I had to figure it out over a couple of brews.

Comment

Working...
                                X