Basic Keg Setup-Considering Options for Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    On the STC. Not sure if you already have it set up as such but I avoided plugging the freezer into a plug connected to the STC cooling relay. I just disconnected the freezers thermostat and wired those directly into the cooling relay on the STC. Makes wiring a lot simpler
    Currently the plug route, which is messy. I didn't want to touch it, but I guess it could make it simpler. I am a bit worried with the start/stop delay I am using, it is set to 1 minute I think, the standard setting. What is yours at?

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
    you could put some wheels underneath and roll it out to fully open the lid? mine collar is high and lifting the kegs over is a slight pita, but not too much.
    I have it backed into a corner, with a table infront of it, so not easy to move around, then above it I have a shelf. I think the taps will look nice being a bit higher, child can't reach it yet..

my stc probe lives in a beer bottle filled with water, works well enough.
    Sounds like a plan, my probe is just the normal plastic one, is that ok to submerge in water?

more important is your making sure your cleaning cycles and beers waiting to be kegged lines up, nothing worse than an empty keg
    Yes.. need to build a pipeline!

add a fan to recirc cold air.
    Should it always be on, or only when the STC kicks in?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
      Currently the plug route, which is messy. I didn't want to touch it, but I guess it could make it simpler. I am a bit worried with the start/stop delay I am using, it is set to 1 minute I think, the standard setting. What is yours at?
      Three minutes

Comment

Three minutes
        Yeah seems that is the standard setting (mine is on that, not on one minute). I am going to play around with it.

I plugged in the freezer now, without the STC controlling it and put the probe into water to monitor it again. I want to play with the "fridge" mode setting, apparently it won't go below 0 and sits around 0-8C. What should a keezer be running at on average? 4-5C?

Comment

What should a keezer be running at on average? 4-5C?
          Tricky, different beers are better at different temps. Go too cold with some and you kill the flavour, go too warm with others and they loose their 'crispness'

Comment

• absolutely, also personal taste. i ran at 1.5c for a while, now up to 2.5c, but i see 3.5c/4c in the future again

Comment

• Agreed on the preference and styles, think a good average would be what a normal fridge is at I guess for now. Till I play around a bit..and see what lower is all about

Comment

• Also interested to see what fridge/freezer you guys are using. I am struggling to find something that will fit under my bar and store two 19L Corny Kegs.
                "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

• Originally posted by billionairebum View Post
                  Also interested to see what fridge/freezer you guys are using. I am struggling to find something that will fit under my bar and store two 19L Corny Kegs.
                  Going to pay a premium!

Comment

• Some photos of the build, will install it next weekend and do the lines and mount the regulators

Comment

• Looking Good
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• One day

I'm focusing my DIY project on converting a 48kg gas cylinder into an offset smoker. I do LOVE me some smoked pork shoulder and Brisket with my beer

Comment

One day

I'm focusing my DIY project on converting a 48kg gas cylinder into an offset smoker. I do LOVE me some smoked pork shoulder and Brisket with my beer
                          Also enjoy it!! So many ideas out there, please share some photos of the build when you get there

Comment

Also enjoy it!! So many ideas out there, please share some photos of the build when you get there
                            Will do. I have an old arc welder, been wanting to get a MIG set up for a while so perfect project (and excuse) to get one

Comment

• 48kg... Is that those long, slim ones? I've been wanting to do the same with an old geyser. 100l or so. Should be perfectly sized, but now that we're looking at buying a house I think I'll have to wait until then.

Comment

• The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                                X