No announcement yet.

False bottoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say it would work well if it had a supporting leg in the centre as well. Those aluminium pizza trays are usually made of flimsy metal and might sag in the middle with the weight on it.
    Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
      I would say it would work well if it had a supporting leg in the centre as well. Those aluminium pizza trays are usually made of flimsy metal and might sag in the middle with the weight on it.
      True.

If going the bucket route, one can leave some of the bucket base behind to provide support, like BOMB did with his.

Comment

Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
        If going the bucket route, one can leave some of the bucket base behind to provide support, like BOMB did with his.
        Yeah. If I was going the bucket route, that would be a good idea, but I would do it with Rikus' SS tray, or Jitters' basket for the additional strength. I prefer to slightly over-engineer things though...
        Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Whilst making some crumbed chicken, it dawned on me... I can use this can't I?
          1.jpg

It's a SS rack from my philips airfryer. It covers the urn element (although just barely as seen below).
          2.jpg

You guys think it could work?

Comment

Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
            Whilst making some crumbed chicken, it dawned on me... I can use this can't I?
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2770[/ATTACH]

It's a SS rack from my philips airfryer. It covers the urn element (although just barely as seen below).
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2771[/ATTACH]

You guys think it could work?
            I don't see why not, mine is waaaaaaaaay worse and it works. Lucky find!

Comment

I don't see why not, mine is waaaaaaaaay worse and it works. Lucky find!

Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
                Would something like this work of you just add some legs?

https://catercare.co.za/products/piz...m=product_sync
                Just got myself a 25L bucket and the max size you could go for this is 270, if you want to add some tubing around the sides to seal with.
                the base of the bucket ID is just less than 280, so you would have to force it in place and not have any tubing to prevent it sliping.

Comment

Just got myself a 25L bucket and the max size you could go for this is 270, if you want to add some tubing around the sides to seal with.
                  the base of the bucket ID is just less than 280, so you would have to force it in place and not have any tubing to prevent it sliping.
                  Isn't the aperture of the holes a bit to big?
                  Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about using it as a base for the bucket along with a thinner mesh for filtration or alternatively a bag.

Comment

Came across these today. Apparently they are aircon vents/filters. Made from aluminum. Think it could work?
                      IMG_20210111_163901.jpg

Seems to fit OK.
                      IMG_20210111_164804.jpg
                      BruHaha
                      Last edited by BruHaha; 11 January 2021, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X