No announcement yet.

Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern water saving shower head holes are tiny.
    They also have a restrictor and filter for sand particles that may be in your water. If you got grain and hop particles going through those holes I'm sure they will block pretty quickly. Then you got to figure a way to strip and clean it every time.

Comment

• Yup, grain and hop particles. Today's shower heads clog up if they work on the water pipes, so wort with barley flour and hop particles and stuff definitely won't do well.

Comment

• Bazooka Screen - 28cm - Stainless Steel - Cactus Craft

I added one of those as I would like to keep solid particles out of my pump. works fine. Sometimes the hops can clog it up as Im draining but nothing while I'm mashing.

I think it would work to keep a shower head clear of debris as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
          Bazooka Screen - 28cm - Stainless Steel - Cactus Craft

I added one of those as I would like to keep solid particles out of my pump. works fine. Sometimes the hops can clog it up as Im draining but nothing while I'm mashing.

I think it would work to keep a shower head clear of debris as well.
          Exactly ... and if you do go the showerhead route, the first thing you do is take OUT that filter crap they have in there (most of the time you can), because you bought it as a recirculation device and NOT as a filter
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Think I can use SPC to clean my dishwasher? It's got like a grimy substance on the bottom. How many litres of water would that be :think:

Comment

• Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
              Think I can use SPC to clean my dishwasher? It's got like a grimy substance on the bottom. How many litres of water would that be :think:
              I use baking soda ... fill the dispenser ... but you could soak some SPC +water for about 10-15min

AFAIK a dishwater takes 12-15 liters

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                I use baking soda ... fill the dispenser ... but you could soak some SPC +water for about 10-15min

AFAIK a dishwater takes 12-15 liters

Sweet.. I have baking soda so will save the SPC.

Thanks!

Comment

• Guys quick question.
                  During the passed liquor sale bans how did it effect grain and hop supplies?
                  Should I stock up on grain or should it be OK to order when needed only?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                    Guys quick question.
                    During the passed liquor sale bans how did it effect grain and hop supplies?
                    Should I stock up on grain or should it be OK to order when needed only?
                    There were shortages on some stuff, I could not find biscuit for instance for a short period of time last year, also the prices went up a bit, the bigger issue with the lockdown was that the ports were closed and ships were operating at reduced capacity so less shipments. It should be fine unless we go back to level 1.

Earlier this year I hit a panic when we went into lockdown again and bought a bunch of random stuff, I'm slowly using it up but it was unneeded. YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                      There were shortages on some stuff, I could not find biscuit for instance for a short period of time last year, also the prices went up a bit, the bigger issue with the lockdown was that the ports were closed and ships were operating at reduced capacity so less shipments. It should be fine unless we go back to level 1.

Earlier this year I hit a panic when we went into lockdown again and bought a bunch of random stuff, I'm slowly using it up but it was unneeded. YMMV
                      Thanks. I need to avoid panic buying as I drink less beer in winter. Don't want to store lots of grain bags.

But if we are heading towards a strong wave 3 and bigger Lockdown again I going to have lots of buddies knocking at my door.

What counter pressure bottle fillers are you guys using BTW?
                      Not looking for something fancy but needs to do the job.

Comment

<snip>

What counter pressure bottle fillers are you guys using BTW?
                        Not looking for something fancy but needs to do the job.
                        https://www.ketelkraal.co.za/product/carbonator-cap/

From keg to PET bottle

Comment

I've seen those. Great little trick.

I need something for glass bottles though.

Comment

Definitely is ... Im so glad I bought this years ago ... was originally to make soda water, but I use it sometimes to fill a few PET's to take to family braai's

Comment

This might be your next best option then ....

https://www.kegland.com.au/nukatap-c...le-filler.html

Comment

This might be your next best option then ....

https://www.kegland.com.au/nukatap-c...le-filler.html

That looks great thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X