No announcement yet.

Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much hate towards lagers. As South Africans we've been brought up with only lagers.
    I still enjoy a nice pint of lager with a white head.

Comment

• Years ago when I started brewing I only brewed ales.
      The ales I brewed where far more tasty than the lagers on offer by SAB.
      Due to this I was relutant to brew lagers as I was under the incorrect belief that they would taste similier to lagers on offer by SAB.
      I now do brew lagers as they are for more tasty than the lagers on offer by SAB.
      So for me personaly I have no like at all for SAB lagers.

Mybe the tatto refers to the lager fokof police car had commissioned. It is called fokof lager.
      I have had one, not impressed.
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
        Years ago when I started brewing I only brewed ales.
        Due to this I was relutant to brew lagers as I was under the incorrect belief that they would taste similier to lagers on offer by SAB.
        I now do brew lagers as they are for more tasty than the lagers on offer by SAB.

Mybe the tatto refers to the lager fokof police car had commissioned. It is called fokof lager.
        Yeah it was from a post on their FB page. Also not impressed.. same with all these brandies with names on..

I enjoy Lagers, but the commercial beers we are used to sucks.

Comment

Years ago when I started brewing I only brewed ales.

Exactly. Today if I have no craft and I'm in need of beer I will settle for Budweiser. All other SAB lagers taste like piss.
          I always hated pilsner due to hansa but I brewed a pilsner in summer. Damn it was good.

Comment

It is called fokof lager.
            Neither .. had one, tasted like Castle Lager. Last one I had.

Comment

• Since starting brewing.. All commercial stuff tastes horrible to me. Even my once favourite Windhoek Draught is terrible in comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                Neither .. had one, tasted like Castle Lager. Last one I had.
                Same as the Devlis Peak "Brewers Lager" what a load of poop that is, overprices SAB equivalent.

There is one SAB beer I really like and since I have been brewing its the only one I drink after a squash match at the club... Milk Stout!
                If you havent had one for a while, its actually a really good beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                  Same as the Devlis Peak "Brewers Lager" what a load of poop that is, overprices SAB equivalent.

There is one SAB beer I really like and since I have been brewing its the only one I drink after a squash match at the club... Milk Stout!
                  If you havent had one for a while, its actually a really good beer.
                  100% I know Dewald says it gives him gout but I enjoy a good SAB milk or choclate stout, that shits good man.

Comment

• My go-to beer when the Kegs are empty ....

Screenshot_26.jpg

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      My go-to beer when the Kegs are empty ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3320[/ATTACH]

Will check it out..

Comment

• Fire extinguisher cylinder expiry date. How does that work? Do you replace them every xx years?

I can get a 2kg that has been standing a long time. Can it work? What will I need to do to get it ready for a kegging setup?

EDIT: From a google (not local)

"Pressurized water, carbon dioxide, and wet chemical extinguishers have a minimum service life of 5 years. After these respective time periods, to continue using a fire extinguisher, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires that the extinguisher be subjected to service"

So does that mean all I need to do is get it serviced?
                        BruHaha
                        Last edited by BruHaha; 24 May 2021, 08:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by BruHaha View Post
                          Fire extinguisher cylinder expiry date. How does that work? Do you replace them every xx years?

I can get a 2kg that has been standing a long time. Can it work? What will I need to do to get it ready for a kegging setup?

EDIT: From a google (not local)

"Pressurized water, carbon dioxide, and wet chemical extinguishers have a minimum service life of 5 years. After these respective time periods, to continue using a fire extinguisher, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires that the extinguisher be subjected to service"

So does that mean all I need to do is get it serviced?
                          Correct, the expiry date is for the functioning of the fire extinguisher as exactly that, a fire extinguisher.

It depends on what you are paying for it, because you will have to replace the valve with a turn knob valve, take it to East Rand Fire in Kempton Park, they will refill, fit the valve, do a leak test, replace whatever needs replacing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                            Correct, the expiry date is for the functioning of the fire extinguisher as exactly that, a fire extinguisher.

It depends on what you are paying for it, because you will have to replace the valve with a turn knob valve, take it to East Rand Fire in Kempton Park, they will refill, fit the valve, do a leak test, replace whatever needs replacing...

150 bucks.. Guess it's worth a gamble if it fails the test?

Comment

• Absolutely, they retails for over a R1000.

Best is, phone East Rand Fire and ask them how much to replace the valve for beer dispensing valve and go from there, they charge R70 odd for a refill and check/service. There should also be someone closer to JHB North who can assist..

Comment

• A turn valve costs around R400. You can get a refill and the turn valve installed, and diptube removed for that same money at East Rand Fire. R150 for a CO2 cylinder I'll take any day of the week. If you don't take it, I will. They cost like R850 for the CHEAPEST ones out there.

As a PS: I paid R400 for mine, full, with a turn valve installed. There are some pretty wicked bargains out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X