Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice bubbles and cristal clear! Looks delicious! And the taste? 2% is so low. Does it have some flavor? And body?

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'ts not bad. There is a massive honey quality to it though that I don't like. Not sure if it was the yeast or the Melanoidin malt. Will have to play a bit.
      Does have a fair bit of body, esp. given the ABV.

Thanks Harhm!

Comment

• Originally posted by camsaway View Post
        Harhms 2% lager

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2274[/ATTACH]
        Nice one, well brewed for sure. Great looking beer.
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Altbier brewed at session strength. Loads of flavour

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
          Harhm
          Last edited by Harhm; 24 February 2020, 15:05.
          2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• a IPA I call Hazy is Lazy

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
            Harhm
            Last edited by Harhm; 24 February 2020, 15:07.

Comment

• Nice looking Beers
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by camsaway View Post
                I'ts not bad. There is a massive honey quality to it though that I don't like. Not sure if it was the yeast or the Melanoidin malt. Will have to play a bit.Does have a fair bit of body, esp. given the ABV.Thanks Harhm!
                Pleasure, correct me if Im wrong but I dont think there was melanoidin malt in the 2% abv recipe that I gave you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                  Pleasure, correct me if Im wrong but I dont think there was melanoidin malt in the 2% abv recipe that I gave you.
                  You are 100%. I swapped out the Best Caramel Hell and Chateau Cara Gold with Weyermann CaraHell and Melanoidin (what I had available) - also used weyerman malts for the others as well.
                  In hindsight, I think the Melanoidin substitution might have been an error.

Comment

• Our NEIPA aged well, but clarified. Aged NEIPA.jpeg

Comment

• That looks like more, did you fine the haze out :-) I would've. Ah, read the description, aged. Nevermind.

Any oxidation issues?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                        That looks like more, did you fine the haze out :-) I would've. Ah, read the description, aged. Nevermind.

Any oxidation issues?
                        I don't use oxygen to pressurise my kegs. I have kegged beers that are more than a year old that are still perfectly palatable.

Comment

• I need to start kegging! My buddy brewed an APA 2 months ago. And brought some over, one was bottled straight from the fermenter, the other was kegged and then bottled just before coming over. The kegged version tasted much more fresh. But it could also be my subconscious telling me I need it. And that makes it taste better.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                            I don't use oxygen to pressurise my kegs. I have kegged beers that are more than a year old that are still perfectly palatable.
                            Yeah, oxygen is bad for hoppy beers especially neipa, I just ordered some poppits and a few o ring kits with my voltage controller from kegland, man they're cheap. I reckon I need to add another keg soon. Going to do a kombucha soon and these non beers are nice but eating into my kegs

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Oh.my.gosh. not trying to beat my own trumpet, but found a stray bottle of saaz Pilsener from 9 months ago. Dayam this is mack-nificent. That saaz taste! Mwuah

IMG_20200421_184525.jpg
                              Cheers,
                              Lang
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Where did you hide it for it to get that old?
                                Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                                Oh.my.gosh. not trying to beat my own trumpet, but found a stray bottle of saaz Pilsener from 9 months ago. Dayam this is mack-nificent. That saaz taste! Mwuah

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2331[/ATTACH]
                                Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                                Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Working...
                                X