X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would siphon..

Comment

• Yeah probably will end up siphoning. Guess I should stop my lazy ass shit.

Comment

• everyone is suddenly pressure transfer crazy as if ALL their beers always had oxidation
        That is not it at all. When you have the ability and tools to improve your process, or at least reduce potential issues, and you don't, then that's just stupid.

Comment

• Busy with a Saphir Helles getting to boil with loadshedding.. fun

Comment

• Exactly. Old style breweries are still doing open fermentation. So much shit on the Internet
            They also rack to closed vessels once fermentation completes/nears completion so that O2 won't be reintroduced to the beer. Just because it ferments open doesn't mean it is exposed to oxygen (especially once it finishes).

At least, that is my understanding of the practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
              They also rack to closed vessels once fermentation completes/nears completion so that O2 won't be reintroduced to the beer. Just because it ferments open doesn't mean it is exposed to oxygen (especially once it finishes).

At least, that is my understanding of the practice.
              I know how O2 damages a beer after 3 weeks so I do everything I can to eliminate it when transferring to a keg. For hoppy beers I even use sodium metabisulfite in a keg filled with h2o then push it all out with CO2 before doing an enclosed transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                Busy with a Saphir Helles getting to boil with loadshedding.. fun
                Done and cleaned... was fun trying to juggle work and getting everything in order.. Pitched Diamond Lager.. first time I am using it, pitched at 20c and cooling towards 12c then take it from there

Comment

Done and cleaned... was fun trying to juggle work and getting everything in order.. Pitched Diamond Lager.. first time I am using it, pitched at 20c and cooling towards 12c then take it from there
                  That hop should be good. Keen to see the outcome.

Comment

At 20°C it's going to be done FAST. How much did you pitch? It's a VERY fast yeast, by far the fastest lager yeast I have ever used.

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                    Yeah probably will end up siphoning. Guess I should stop my lazy ass shit.
                    And I ended up siphoning it. The "just pour it in" thing sounded great in my head but when I got to it it just seemed stupid. So I siphoned it. Worked just fine. Got a full keg and 2 x 440mls.

Comment

• Should be on 12c soon.. busy cooling, was just lazy to wait before pitching. I pitched two packets, I see they mention basically 1g a L

Comment

• Yep, two packets are good, specially when pitched warm. Warm means the yeast has time to multiply, which they don't do if they're pitched too cold, which is why we create starters. Warm pitching is a good buffer for underpitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by SykomantiS View Post
                          That is not it at all. When you have the ability and tools to improve your process, or at least reduce potential issues, and you don't, then that's just stupid.

Yea, but now everyone that has the tools and is doing it, think the rest of us is stupid for not doing it

i see it with so many of the YT channels I follow ... they all get sponsored some sort of pressure FV and the means to transfer and now they try to convince you to "BUY" the setup they have, and if you don't, you're the p03$
                          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• ^

Exactly, and that's why I read so many ExBEERiments from Brulosophy - they dispelled most of the myths (which goes along with equipment) for me. I love how I can make perfectly drinkable beer with a coolerbox, a couple of buckets and a large pot.

Find whatever works for you coupled with the equipment that you have, as simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
                              ^

Exactly, and that's why I read so many ExBEERiments from Brulosophy - they dispelled most of the myths (which goes along with equipment) for me. I love how I can make perfectly drinkable beer with a coolerbox, a couple of buckets and a large pot.

Find whatever works for you coupled with the equipment that you have, as simple as that.

For sure
                              I have had many an opeertuinity to purchase these fancy gadgets, they are not needed to make good beer.
                              Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Brewing a red ale the weekend (note not an Irish red). Non BJCP

RedAle.jpg
                                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                                X