X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Does the spec/vial not say.

usually yeast have a note to say enough for xxL
    Strangely it does States 25L the whole vial if it is less than 1.055OG. Just scared it paints the ceiling

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Which kveik, what OG. agitate/shake that lc bottle up before pitching, I always underpitch kveik, but you could pitch it all, your yeast, your wallet
    Like half or any specific formula you use? I also realise that the Trappist is not kveik like you pointed out, but I am keen to try lager next.

Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Chuck all and harvest/reuse ?
    Yes, I am going to try harvesting tomorrow with US05 as a trial run. Just scared I stuff it with the real deal, where I could have underpitched to try again.

Comment

• There are a lot less cells in a vial of liquid yeast, usually. If it says enough for 25l, it's enough for 25l. Use as-is.

Comment

• 4mins after pitching dried Voss Yeast!!! Only up to 20C so far, pitched at 19C

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hectic! Seems my “lager” is done, 4 days at 27c. Will see how it looks tomorrow to be sure

Comment

• Hi All

Newb here. I made two batches so far with that Beerlab Kveik. First batch pitched dry and fermented at 30-31c. Got some nice light orange esters. I harvested all of the yeast cake, washed, and made a large starter and over pitched my last batch. Definitely lacks the esters when over pitching. Done in 3 days from a 1075 OG.

Comment

• Hi all. Busy brewing an IPA with Midtbust Kveik and Southern Passion and Southern Tropic hops. I top cropped some of the yeast and then chucked in the first Dry hops, the beer is attenuating fast so will be ready to bottle over the weekend. When would I chuck in the second round of dry hops?
              This suddenly occurred to me as I was contemplating drinking the beer..

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanoZA View Post
                Hi all. Busy brewing an IPA with Midtbust Kveik and Southern Passion and Southern Tropic hops. I top cropped some of the yeast and then chucked in the first Dry hops, the beer is attenuating fast so will be ready to bottle over the weekend. When would I chuck in the second round of dry hops?
                This suddenly occurred to me as I was contemplating drinking the beer..

3-5 days before bottling/kegging

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                  3-5 days before bottling/kegging
                  With Kveik thats the same day you add the wort to the fermenter
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

LOL. Yeah I wish. I made one Wednesday night.. it is only done today. had it going at 30C then upped it to 32 on Sunday. This heat is making me really thirsty..

Comment

• I did a nice session beer Mexican lager with Amarillo hop. Kveik Voss adds nice orange notes, which is lekker with the Amarillo. Quite excited for it, must say I'm liking Voss no funky off flavors no conditioning it's just nice from the start.

Comment

• voss is top and amarillo too, i should make another gumballhead soon

Comment

That's what I was thinking, so add the rest in tomorrow and bottle on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                            voss is top and amarillo too, i should make another gumballhead soon

went hunting for a recipe, so broad strokes it's wheat with Amarillo everywhere. It does sound nice. never even heard of a wheat IPA before.

Comment

• American wheat beer, its delicious

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanoZA View Post
                                That's what I was thinking, so add the rest in tomorrow and bottle on Sunday.

When I researched dry hopping, i stumbled across some article that said maximum hops aroma was extracted after 2 days, so this should just add that last little punch

Comment

Working...
                                X