No announcement yet.

Kveik liquid yeast in SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coat? I now pitch at around 33c and slowly drop to 25c, after a few experiments it works well enough. I found higher temperatures pushes esters, but dependent on style...25c is pretty clean on my varieties. I generally use my fermentation fridge for pilsners and whiskey mashes these days. Ambient in my brewroom is good enough for kveik thanks to Capetonian "summer" so far.

Generally speaking, you'll have beer however you make it, what works for me might not work for you

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yea sounds like you painted the inside with wort once when you were fermenting at high temps. Pitch at 33 bring down to 25 is exactly my plan for the next batch. I took it downt to 22 and then up to 25. But maybe one day when I make a weat or a saison I'll go hotter. Decided to add my 80g dry hop last night. Its smelling great in the ferm fridge.
      For me there were 2 step changes in my beer quality. 1 was from kit to all grain. The second was temp controlled fermentation. So I still do everything in the fermfridge.

I also saved my sg wort sample since I had just pitched the yeast. Check it out this morning

My kitchen smells like a brewery! Loving it.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• I forgot about that porter blowing out :-) Good times :-)Fully agree AG and temp control makes a huge difference, I'm 100% certain that kveik will do the same, it's a great thing to have in your arsenal !

Comment

• Dry versions now in SA

http://www.wortsandall.co.za/showthr...ll=1#post24839
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Brew keg tap also has white labs opshaug in stock and taking orders for yeast from escarpment labs in Canada

Comment

• getting a few packets of Lallemand Voss Kweik:

LALBREW VOSS KVEIK ALE YEAST 11G
              Lallemand Voss grow from Sigmund Gjernes, Norwegian traditional yeast in dry form. Voss can be used at temperatures between 25-40 ° C, with an optimal range of 35-40 ° C. Full curing is achieved within 2-3 days within this temperature range.

The flavor profile is consistent throughout the temperature range: neutral with subtle fruity notes of orange and citrus. Flocculation is very high and produces clear beer without filtration.
              https://brewshop.no/produkt/ravarer/...-ale-yeast-11g

Comment

• https://www.escarpmentlabs.com/singl...ing-with-kveik

Comment

• Ale brewed with Olso Kveik, 14 days after pitch.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                  Harhm
                  Last edited by Harhm; 14 February 2022, 10:45.
                  2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Looks great Harhm, at what temperature did you ferment at? I still need to do my Oslo run, how does it compare to a regular lager yeast? I've done Skare and it's good, but feels like it lacks something, not bad at all though.

Comment

• Love this stuff. It's been too long but I finally brewed yesterday. Had saved 100ml of midtbust kveik during my brew in December.
                      Was my first time so wasn't sure if they were viable especially after 3 months in the fridge, so I made a dme starter and chucked the yeast in while starting my brew. Smelled good and saw some activity so I pitched when the time came.
                      This morning it blew out all the liquid from the air lock and I had to refill.
                      Fermenting at 30C is fast!
                      Might be done by tomorrow but will let it clean up for a bit.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Single hopped APA brewed with Kveik Midtbust from Liquid Culture in Bloemfontein. 5 day ferment at 30°C, 3 day dry hop and 2 day cold crash. Pic taken on day 8 after packaged. The best Kveik culture I have brewed with for hoppy beer styles.Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                        Harhm
                        Last edited by Harhm; 10 March 2020, 15:45.
                        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Stranda is pretty good too, especially for fruity citrusy styles.

Comment

• Waiting for our Kveik Altbier to age. Kveik Altbier.jpg

Comment

• 1st stab @ my House Blonde with Midtbust from Liquid Culture. 30° 5 days to fg. Great feedback from BJCP judges scored 34/50Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                              Harhm
                              Last edited by Harhm; 16 March 2020, 10:05.

Comment

• Congrats ... She looks Yum
                                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                                X